Evelyn

Summer 2017

Yesterday Las Vegas tied its all time high temp of 117. It was still 110 at 8 pm. The next few days: Wed. 115; Thurs. 114; Fri. 113; Sat. 112; Sun. 112; Mon 111. We finally catch a break on Tuesday, when the temperature drops to a chilly 109 :wacko: . Those temperatures are 10 +/- degrees above normal. I've lived here almost 20 years. This is the earliest we've ever had such an evil stretch of heat. I am not looking forward to the 'hot months'.

• Like 1

They would always tell me 'but it's a dry heat', & I would say 'so is sticking your head in an oven' :ph43r:

Try & stay cool.

• Like 1

Yesterday Las Vegas tied its all time high temp of 117. It was still 110 at 8 pm. The next few days: Wed. 115; Thurs. 114; Fri. 113; Sat. 112; Sun. 112; Mon 111. We finally catch a break on Tuesday, when the temperature drops to a chilly 109 :wacko: . Those temperatures are 10 +/- degrees above normal. I've lived here almost 20 years. This is the earliest we've ever had such an evil stretch of heat. I am not looking forward to the 'hot months'.

So glad I was there in cool 100 degree weather last time. Phew.

• Like 1

So glad I was there in cool 100 degree weather last time. Phew.

For you, Wilf :o :P

Years ago, one of my friends walked from New York, New York to Luxor. I think that was prior to the tram. Hundred plus degrees, construction, temporary barriers and paving.

Incredibly tough walking. Walked into Luxor and felt like he had melted into the floor. His shoes had indeed begun to melt. He was picked up by two security guys and deposited back in the entryway.

We managed to escape the worst of the brutal heat in Silicon Valley. I know it hit 100 at least one day. However, we did catch the Biblical rain that Lex described, and I realized how not used to NY/NJ humidity I am anymore. I'm grateful that it wasn't that humid during the whole trip--there's no way I would have wanted to walk more than a few blocks.

They would always tell me 'but it's a dry heat', & I would say 'so is sticking your head in an oven' :ph43r:

Try & stay cool.

I was stupid enough to go to Morocco in August. It was like 120 degrees Farenheit. Not an exaggeration: I mean, really.

Everybody would say, "but it's dry heat."

To which my wife would respond: "What difference does it make if you're baked or boiled?"

Summer isn't done with us yet. It's going to be 101 on Friday and 102 on Saturday in San Jose.

I lived in San Jose for 16 years, and I don't know that it ever cracked the century mark.

It did snow a few times up on Mt. Hamilton though.

Yeah, it was insane. Made it up to 107 that Saturday and 106 the next day.

Meanwhile, there were hailstorms near the city, and yesterday afternoon lightning struck a tree outside our condo. Thankfully, the tree remained mostly intact, except for chunks of bark that are now scattered around the parking lot.