1. Elite

2. I say King Hua, but that was only based on one visit and others disagree. Sea Harbour is also good, at least for here. Too bad you're not going to Vancouver. That's where all the real action is.

3. 888 or possibly places like Empress Harbor if I had been able to get in and refresh my memory.

There are a couple of other places that are supposedly good but, those are the ones I know best, and are talked up on yelp and chowhound the most.

I wouldn't dare guess the wait on a Saturday morning at 11am. Prob an hour to an hour and a half. I usually go on Sunday mornings, before 10am.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aaron T

Delicious dim sum this morning at Sea Harbour. We got there at 10 am when they opened and no line. The five of us got to try a variety of dishes. The quality/execution was excellent. Among the best dim sum I have had.

Chinese broccoli with the thick sauce. Cooked just right. We got several orders each of rice noodles with beef, and shrimp. Also ordered were sui mai, har gow, sticky rice in lotus leaf, beef meatballs, chicken feet and a custardy tofu. Dessert was the custard tarts (yellow) and fried durian.

The tofu was the best tofu dish I have had at a chinese restaurant. The consistency was just wonderful and so much flavor - it came with some spicy sauce on top.

I had not tried durian before and the frying made the smell less potent but it was still noticeable. Thought it just ok.

We had a real feast for about $15 per person all in. Well worth it. There isn't comparable quality available in the bay area and the prices are higher at every quality level in SF. I'll return, esp. at 10 am.

• 10 months later...

Needed a fix, so I went to Elite for the first time today. Got in immediately at 10:35 am. This is a place where you order from a picture menu and they bring it to you on nice individual serving dishes or in the steamers. Had taro dumplings; baked scallops and turnip cake; delicious sticky rice with lotus leaf wrap; spare ribs with chili and black bean sauce; beef short ribs with black pepper sauce; tasty Shanghai style steamed buns. For desert, subtle and satisfying Blue Mountain sweet coffee cake which turns out to be a 7 layered silky tofu kinda thing with alternating coffee flavored layers. With tea for 2, $25 plus tip.

Triumphal Palace is now Lunasia. they keep getting very poor reviews, though like TP, Lunasia apparently has some pretty good food. Not sure why they get such bad reviews.

--btw, the next time you're at Elite, they also do some good claypot dishes.

Triumphal Palace is now Lunasia. they keep getting very poor reviews, though like TP, Lunasia apparently has some pretty good food. Not sure why they get such bad reviews.

--btw, the next time you're at Elite, they also do some good claypot dishes.

Thanks for the tip!

• 2 years later...

Delicious dim sum this morning at Sea Harbour. We got there at 10 am when they opened and no line. The five of us got to try a variety of dishes. The quality/execution was excellent. Among the best dim sum I have had.

we ate there as well on our recent trip in december, and i have to agree with your assessment. excellent quality, excellent service, excellent selection--perhaps the best dim sum i've had so far.