Big recall of Sabrett etc hot dogs

7 million pounds of meat to be thrown away because of some bone fragments. Hopefully it gets recalled and sent to people who are going hungry

Bones are an upgrade from pink slime for sure

It's interesting that Wind Mill (which serves pretty good hot dogs, IMHO) and Western Beef (which I've always associated with school / jail etc food) source from the same maker.

Wind Mill has several locations on the Jersey Shore, Long Branch, Asbury Park, etc.

It's interesting that Wind Mill (which serves pretty good hot dogs, IMHO) and Western Beef (which I've always associated with school / jail etc food) source from the same maker.

Wind Mill has several locations on the Jersey Shore, Long Branch, Asbury Park, etc.

It's possible that each has its own proprietary recipe in which different spices and flavorings are added to the same meat base. Just guessing.

Well, nuts, gluten, etc. are pretty pervasive--in the air.

I think we agree about the meat: I meant that the same ground/puréed meat mixtures might be used for different brands, and only the spices, powdered milk, etc. are different, or mixed in in different proportions.

Well, nuts, gluten, etc. are pretty pervasive--in the air.

I think we agree about the meat: I meant that the same ground/puréed meat mixtures might be used for different brands, and only the spices, powdered milk, etc. are different, or mixed in in different proportions.

Yes, absolutely.

my friend owns a couple of them.