• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The oysters are delicious. They're tiny, as seems to be the current trend (I'm estimating each oyster is around half the size of a European #3) but really very good.   Shrimps are listed as a raw ba

He's been a way a while, so maybe you've forgot your translation rubric - that's nearly a rave for an NYC resto. I just booked it,

The hit ratio this time has been so low that we almost went back for a third round of buttery goodness at Sunday in Brooklyn.

Posted Images

It's a long-ish flat surface with a shelves full of liquor behind it and stools in front of it. And a guy on the other side serving drinks (but no one preparing food). I'm not sure what else to call it but a bar.

Now I wish I'd taken a more expansive picture.

Well, okay, but there is a counter with people preparing food behind it. And also this as yet unnamed area with a guy preparing drinks behind it. I could easily have gone in and just had a drink at this unnamed area. I chose to eat, but it would not have been awkward otherwise.

And then I went to Saluggi's to watch tennis and just had a drink, no food! Also met a guy who made me promise to introduce him to any age-appropriate single Jewish ladies that I knew. I only know one, I asked her, and she was not amenable (but honestly, she could do worse).

• Like 1

Just to drive this into the ground, Olmsted near me CLEARLY has a bar in the front and CLEARLY has a counter in the back.

And I’d be very surprised if anyone in the history of Olmsted ever had drinks at the bar without eating. 

Yes, I am a little confused by this. It's only a bar if no one ever eats at it? In my experience, unless the establishment doesn't serve food at all, people habitually both eat and drink at bars.

Yeah, Saluggi’s is actually a bar that you can eat at. With TVs and stuff. It’s also like 4 times the size of Cervo’s where the only place to put the drink service area is behind a counter where people go to eat, not to just drink.