My 20 yr. old daughter has a very ugly dragonfly on her ankle, a pretty hummingbird on her belly, and the Dave matthews band symbol on her lower back....I really encouraged piercings over tatoos..that hummingbird is going to be a HAWK by her 8th month of pregnancey someday...my husband has a fabulous dragon on his shoulder /upper arm done by a great tatoo artist from South Street in Philly, and he got it when he was 45. I am tatoo less...keep saying I want an aztec sun...but I am a chubby person, and tatoos look really really not good on extra flesh.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one gal I was acquainted with long ago, had an incredibly intricate and beautiful tattoo all along her upper arm. It was done by a visiting Japanese artist.

Does anyone like henna tattoos? I even see kits now (here in the U.S.) for henna tattoos.

My very covered brother had one done in Thailand - he couldn't choose, and he couldn't watch. So he stuck his arm out behind him for four hours and ended up paranoid and tattoo-ed with a sunburst.

I have the world's smallest tattoo of water, on the top of my foot. I always want to have water on me, and now I do.

I'm thinking about getting another one, on the small of my back above my tailbone.  Thinking about it.  I will need to find a good tattoo artist here in NYC if I get more serious about it.  Does anybody know where Huggy Bear is these days?

I don’t know where Huggy Bear is, but the guys at Triple X Tattoo in New York do some fine work, especially Mike Bellamy. We spent quite a bit of time with them at the NY Tattoo Convention when I worked on a cable pilot last year about tattoo artists. If you don’t mind being gawked at by hundreds of strangers while getting tattooed, the convention allows you to have your pick of some great artists from around the world.

Monkeymay, do you know Andy Nevill at the Tattoo Asylum in Venice?

If you don’t mind being gawked at by hundreds of strangers while getting tattooed, the convention allows you to have your pick of some great artists from around the world.

Given that I"m considering getting another one which would be just above my tailbone.....that option is out.

If you don’t mind being gawked at by hundreds of strangers while getting tattooed, the convention allows you to have your pick of some great artists from around the world.

Given that I"m considering getting another one which would be just above my tailbone.....that option is out.

Good point :lol:

FWIW a cursory search reveals that apparently Mike Bellamy (Triple X) used to work for Huggy Bear.

They must have some way of doing some privately...I'll investigate if I get serious about it.  Thanks for the info.

They have a studio on 36th Street where they do most of their work. I've been there, and from my limited experience of tattooing establishments, I'd say it's very clean. If you go, check out Mike's paintings. Tattooing isn't the only art he excels at.

The conventions are really only useful if you'd like to hook up with an artist from out of town.

I've got I CAN'T BELIEVE I THOUGHT I'D WANT TO LOOK AT THIS HERE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE tattooed on my forehead, backwards, so I can see it in the mirror every day.

No tattoos. As Bob told his girls, "If you want to run with the herd, you better hurry up and get the brand." One girl is tattoo-free, the other one is collecting them faster than Prada footwear on eBay.

They'll sag. They'll fade. They'll be ugly blurs if you live long enough.