prasantrin

Winter 2017-2018

Too early? Because it snowed overnight, enough to leave a thick coating on my car this morning. It'll melt by the afternoon, but there was still a fair bit on the ground at 10am.

• Like 5

Winter is on the way!

The forest fires in Idaho, southern Alberta,and eastern Washington were extinguished two weeks ago by a foot of snow on the upper mountain elevations.

Still gloriously Fall in NoCal. Yesterday we picked the persimmons, today the olives. Persimmons are kind of like zucchini: you need a lot of friends to share the bounty. And olives, a lot of patience to attend the curing process. Husband took off a large, excess limb from one of the olive trees and all I could think of was how many beautiful bowls and spoons it could make. Unfortunately, it will go for firewood.

Still gloriously Fall in NoCal. Yesterday we picked the persimmons, today the olives. Persimmons are kind of like zucchini: you need a lot of friends to share the bounty. And olives, a lot of patience to attend the curing process. Husband took off a large, excess limb from one of the olive trees and all I could think of was how many beautiful bowls and spoons it could make. Unfortunately, it will go for firewood.

You can send some to me! I absolutely love persimmons.

Cold and snowy today, but not so cold that the snow stays on the ground which means puddles on the road, sidewalks, etc. Today I and three others got splashed because some a-hole in a pickup truck didn't bother slowing down when driving through one of those big puddles.

Frickin' a-hole in a pickup truck.

The long string of 80+ overnights has broken with the first 50 degree reading of the season. Major news topic in South Florida.

This morning I ran a few errands (wearing jeans, t-shirt, sandals, hat, etc). People were wearing hoodies, Uggs, and sweaters.

C'mon, folks! I can sell you some snow tires...

We'll take some off your hands! ;)

That might work!

Great!

N is currently in Denver, where it went from 85 to sleeting in one day.

( I realize that we are skipping town for some time, but will try to cold-storage some for you. Mid to late November?)

( I realize that we are skipping town for some time, but will try to cold-storage some for you. Mid to late November?)

Sounds good. PM me when the time comes. We leave for NJ on the 20th and will be back on the 25th.

Lambertville? Delaware Water Gap? Mantoloking? What's not to like? Used to be a rather regular haunt.