cats and dogs sleeping together

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A worthy dog, any size, breed, sex, etc., is a very good thing. An unworthy dog is at the least yucky, and at worst dangerous.

Plus, dog people are hateful towards cats, but cat people are not hateful toward dogs.

Cats & dogs together, very good. I've known lots of dogs and cats happily coexisting.

Eyebrows was a big time dog person all his life. Loved his dog (who died some years ago). He never knew a cat before my cat - used to "not like" them. Now the two of them are inseparable.

Same story in my house - Roy cheerfully admits I railroaded him into getting cats, and he adores them.

We have one of each. A (once feral) tabby who's 13-15 years old and a German Shepherd dog who thinks of the cat his mother. She cleaned him as a puppy and only stopped when he tried to clean her back - she didn't like the shower :lol: .

They live happily together, she's the boss.

They've often been found sleeping together. :lol:

I don't think that dogs lie as much as cats do. For instance, I just came home and one of the felines-in-residence was chatting up a storm, protesting that he hadn't been fed yet, when clearly S. had *just* fed him. Dogs don't do that, do they?

My dog does. The cat taught him :lol:

I don't think that dogs lie as much as cats do.  For instance, I just came home and one of the felines-in-residence was chatting up a storm, protesting that he hadn't been fed yet, when clearly S. had *just* fed him.  Dogs don't do that, do they?

They do indeed! I often dog/house-sit for friends of mine when they go on vacation. The last time, I had just fed the dog when Mom and Pop came home. As we were standing around catching up over cocktails, Champ came into the kitchen and INSISTED to my friends that he hadn't been fed yet -- with me standing right there! The little liar.

I've had both, but sadly now only have 1 cat. We will never have another dog--they are too much trouble for folks who like to travel a lot.

If you have only one and it is a miniature poodle, you can go anywhere with it. They aren't yappy and usually love travelling. We took ours with us all the time until we went into the breeding business. They also get along well with cats.

They don't lie either!

Edited by Smudgie

230lb english mastiff dog in love with a 15 lb maine coon cat, both of whom have come to dote on a new orange tabby (very rare) maine coonkitten... and a 15 year old white tabby totally unimpressed with the entire crowd. Atticus (Tiki) the dog, Molly and Benjy the Coons, Louie the white cat. Muxch cohabitation, much mutual licking and cleaning, also known to perch on each other, cheerleader pyramid style. I gotta get one of my kids to teach me how to post a picture.