Sign in to follow this  
hollywood

Creasey II

Look when someone agitates for a rule, then repeatedly violates that rule, and when called out on it plays dumb - well then something needs to be done.

He can't possibly not be acting in bad faith with all of his politics comments and yet there are no repercussions.

• Like 1

admin post: all of the political comments Im aware of have been deleted. please report any that the moderators are unaware of. I understand that it takes longer than it could.

when called out on it plays dumb

I always like to give him the benefit of the doubt on that

• Like 2

Just an observation and NOT A COMPLAINT! As I believe I have constructively told Paul, the definition of "political" here is way too broad and beyond common preconception. The broad interpretation probably has deterred a lot of participants and discourse that would be of value.

Even so, the rules are acceptable as indicated by the strong endorsement that appears to be evident.

As we are ALL bound by the same broad definition of politics, it seems eminently fair to me. Sure, a looser interpretation would allow for some fascinating discourse and, just as surely, someone with an outlier opinion would cry foul, as has so often happened in the past.

Just an observation and NOT A COMPLAINT! As I believe I have constructively told Paul, the definition of "political" here is way too broad and beyond common preconception. The broad interpretation probably has deterred a lot of participants and discourse that would be of value.

Even so, the rules are acceptable as indicated by the strong endorsement that appears to be evident.

This is so disingenuous. You were one of the loudest voices for no politics when your views were the ones being attacked by the median poster here who is to the left of you politically. Now that the rest of us are playing by those rules you keep trying to sneak politics into things.

• Like 2

This is so disingenuous. You were one of the loudest voices for no politics when your views were the ones being attacked by the median poster here who is to the left of you politically. Now that the rest of us are playing by those rules you keep trying to sneak politics into things.

That's been my observation as well. I've seen it on multiple occasions.

• Like 2

Its not about deleting them. You shouldn't have to delete them. He should be respectful enough of the rules to know not to post them.

There are several members who, in the guise of posting about economics or business or social science research or restaurant meals, post what I read as not-very-veiled political statements. Certainly there are some whose snark could be considered politically motivated, even if it is not overtly political. And I daresay that some members can find political content in what might be defended as the most innocently meant post.

I am far from a Libertarian, but I do believe that one can and should take personal responsibility: If you object to a post that, to you, clearly violates guidelines, report it. If you object to a post that does not clearly violate guidelines, ignore it. Do not engage. Block that member, if you feel that strongly about it. I doubt anyone's mind is being poisoned changed by what is being posted.

• Like 1

Suzanne the issue with this is that 1) our admins are volunteers with a lot better things to do than police people 2) the vast vast majority of people who used to toe the line on politics (of which I was very much one) have just completely stopped. 3) The hypocrisy.

Suzanne the issue with this is that 1) our admins are volunteers with a lot better things to do than police people 2) the vast vast majority of people who used to toe the line on politics (of which I was very much one) have just completely stopped. 3) The hypocrisy.

#1 is precisely why it is incumbent on other members to report offensive posts, rather than expect the admins to decide on their own. But not capriciously, of course. If you've been an admin, you know what a boring job it is to read all posts. (I don't remember if you have been or not; I was, but that was more than a dozen years ago when there were different problems. And some members who caused a LOT more trouble.)

#2 is a cop out. Just because a few members are uncivil does not mean it's okay for anyone else to be. For some of us, MFF is a kind of refuge from daily life and the current state of the world. I at least do not appreciate the thought that bad behavior is considered okay because "they" to it.

#3: whose hypocrisy? Creasey's? Who else's? Who cares, anyway? I repeat: If you don't like reading it, don't the fuck read it. And if you do read it, don't respond in kind. Let it wither and die on its own.

I personally have not read any political posts from Creasy so I cant really comment. Since we are condemning the man, can we show some evidence

• Like 1

Admins should use mod queue if anyone is wasting their time.

We all know how to follow the rule 90% of the time. There are gray areas, but if we follow the rule the rest of the time, the gray areas can be coped with.

Might we hear comments from other members, if they have opinions on the matter?

The admins have been discussing the issue, and the opinions of members are highly valued.