• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always like to give him the benefit of the doubt on that

This is so disingenuous. You were one of the loudest voices for no politics when your views were the ones being attacked by the median poster here who is to the left of you politically. Now that the

That's been my observation as well. I've seen it on multiple occasions.

Perhaps worth noting up thread, a transition from a stream of expletives to a semblance of eloquence is not convincing.

The facts are what they are even if they aren't what might be preferred.

(Unrelated to the foregoing two comments hereinabove, on a totally different slant, "Thank you, Daniel!")

[EDITED TO ADD] It's my understanding, Kim, that John Creasey authored well over 600 (the number is unverifiable) manuscripts/novels under ~28+ pseudonyms. I need to check my genealogy research and see where/how we surely are related.

comments discussing politics, or on the post in question?

Might we hear comments from other members, if they have opinions on the matter?

The admins have been discussing the issue, and the opinions of members are highly valued.

If on the latter, I think I know of the post which caused this most recent ruckus. I thought of commenting in the same vein as AB (without quite so much frustration), but eventually deleted (before posting). Was the political content intentional? Of course it was. But was it meant to provoke? I don't know. I know too many folks who would have made similar comments with all the innocence in the world (but they are on the spectrum, and I have not yet figured out, nor can I, if the poster in question is on the spectrum).

p, It appears that you seem to be referring to me. Please, if you will, private message me what you are referring to...I have no clue and my (acute?) curiosity has not been answered by private messages I've already sent out).

[EDITED TO REQUEST] If possible, please provide me an approximate timeline on when the the subject posting appeared here. Thanks!

Might we hear comments from other members, if they have opinions on the matter?

The admins have been discussing the issue, and the opinions of members are highly valued.

We all enjoy MFF as an entertainment, usually amusing, quite often enlightening. Snarky remarks flow and are usually benign, a few even intellectually clever. And, sure, several members post inflammatory remarks under the guise of innocence or double entendre.

Rebuke? Censure? Both possibilities. I tend to agree wiih Suzanne that not responding is the best response. Like my obstreperous 4 year old granddaughter, it's really just a ploy for attention.

Many cultures have mores of ghosting socially unacceptable members.

Just an observation and NOT A COMPLAINT! As I believe I have constructively told Paul, the definition of "political" here is way too broad and beyond common preconception. The broad interpretation probably has deterred a lot of participants and discourse that would be of value.

Even so, the rules are acceptable as indicated by the strong endorsement that appears to be evident.

Peter Creasey has been 100% clear that he does not agree with the No Politics rule, and every time he violates the rule his response is akin to this one. We should listen to what he is telling us.

It isn't a matter of broad interpretation, he is usually posting obvious political topics to provoke posters. The most recent one that I saw was linking allegedly low NFL attendance to the kneeling protest. He's been a member of this forum for over a decade and understands exactly how a discussion like that would play out, the No Politics rule was created for exactly this reason.

If a member repeatedly violates a rule and then says it shouldn't be a rule, they should be Mod Q'd.

• Like 1

Okay, I can comment now.

I thought that was some time ago. It seems like it.

It is unimaginable that the subject posting(s) should be deemed political. Regardless, as a northeast-centric board, whatever y'all state is policy, then so be it. Kind of sad what y'all are missing, but that's okay.

It is interesting, to me at least, the differences in regional mindsets.

Moving on! (Or in coming!?!)

Thank you for the spectrum of comments from a range of members.

The NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION rule has been part of MouthfulsFood since the beginning, and there seems to be a consensus this includes innocent comments. By this time, most of us know where each is on the political spectrum, and which buttons will get the most response. I'm not aware that members want a change to this rule, we have not seen any requests for a change.

The admins are considering imposing restraining orders against several members, in lieu of mod-q as an initial response. If you see a post which you feels violates the terms of the NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION rule as you understand it, report that post. We review each reported post, and discuss a course of action. That isn't always immediate, but we try to reach a decision quickly. Do not respond to an offensive post with another post.

Thank you

Thank you for the spectrum of comments from a range of members.

The NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION rule has been part of MouthfulsFood since the beginning, and there seems to be a consensus this includes innocent comments. By this time, most of us know where each is on the political spectrum, and which buttons will get the most response. I'm not aware that members want a change to this rule, we have not seen any requests for a change.

The admins are considering imposing restraining orders against several members, in lieu of mod-q as an initial response. If you see a post which you feels violates the terms of the NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION rule as you understand it, report that post. We review each reported post, and discuss a course of action. That isn't always immediate, but we try to reach a decision quickly. Do not respond to an offensive post with another post.

Thank you

"several members"? Is there a consensus that there are "several members" who are currently guilty? I'm fascinated by this comment.

• Like 1