Sign in to follow this  
Sneakeater

Hobonichi Techō (ほぼ日手帳)

As a devoted user of datebooks (as opposed to smartphone calendars), I have become fully invested in the Hobonichi Techo cult.

The best datebook I've ever owned. Not even close.

• Like 1

You should go to Japan during calendar change time (either calendar year or fiscal year) and go through all the date books available. You might find one you like even better (you might not believe it, but it's true. Japan has the best date books, and it's hard to choose the "most perfect" one). And then go to the pen section and try all the pens so you can choose the one that goes best with your new favourite date book.

This is stupid, but I have to say that the Hobonichi Techō has had an actual positive impact on my life.

which version did you buy?

And what to me is clearly their best cover: Travel.

(Basic, which would otherwise be a contender, has external penholder loops that would prevent the book from fitting in my jacket inside pocket.)

Also, I have to say that the pen it comes with is very good (although I don't much like the way it looks).

I haven't yet used the Meal Decider Dice also included.

Now I'm gonna sound like a Consumerist Fanboy, but this has actually become my Most Prized Possession (more than my stereo, even). It's just become so useful to me in my life. (And it's gorgeous to boot.) It's especially important to me as it sort of compensates for my depleting memory.

AND, I just noticed the two pages of Japanese folktales toward the back.

BTW, did you all know that the inside pockets of men's jackets are two different widths? The Techo fits into my lefthand inside jacket pockets, but not the righthand.