Instant Pot warning

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see what the big deal is.  I had a crockpot and I used it a lot.  Now I have an appliance that, in the same footprint, also works as a pressure cooker.  That's all it is.   This isn't some n

Done.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2018/02/23/everyone-take-a-deep-breath-your-instant-pot-pressure-cooker-has-not-been-recalled   Not the model that includes a pressure cooker - ver

Wonder how many of that version have been sold. It looks much more like a slow cooker than any of the others.

I gifted my Fagor Duo 8-qt. pressure cooker (with 2 brand new gaskets!) to friends who spend the month of February at Snowbird. Always complaining about how difficult/impossible it is (at 8,500') to cook some of their favorite things for a crowd, such as beans.

Other than having to deal with the slight pain in the ass of a problem getting the lid to correctly latch on, they've used it a few times, and really liked the results...beans cooked properly! I think one of the nicer things about the Instant vs. a classic pc, is that it takes no extra jiggling/wiggling to get the lid to sit right. As well as the programmability, of course.

i was just about to pull the trigger on a 3 qt model. but i tend to use these things when i am at home doing other things and can keep periodic watch on things.

You really want something that small?

And if any admin is reading this thread, it's INSTANT POT ( 2 words) not Instapot.

i was just about to pull the trigger on a 3 qt model. but i tend to use these things when i am at home doing other things and can keep periodic watch on things.

And if any admin is reading this thread, it's INSTANT POT ( 2 words) not Instapot.

i don't have loads of space to store it and keep thinking i might like a 3 or 3.5 qt staub or le creuset dutch oven more.

i don't have loads of space to store it and keep thinking i might like a 3 or 3.5 qt staub or le creuset dutch oven more.

One more super enthusiastic vote for Staub. I've had Le Creuset and Desco and loved each in its time, but neither has the heft or integrity of Staub to say nothing of elegance. Yeh, I'm hooked.

Such different beasts, that's for sure. Certainly, if you're looking to make tasty stuff more quickly, you know which way to go. I don't think the overall size difference between a 3 and 6 qt. is that great - as a matter of fact, less than I thought...click.

But, if you want the dutch oven, I too love Staub.

Such different beasts, that's for sure. Certainly, if you're looking to make tasty stuff more quickly, you know which way to go. I don't think the overall size difference between a 3 and 6 qt. is that great - as a matter of fact, less than I thought...click.

But, if you want the dutch oven, I too love Staub.

i mostly end up with staub, too. the mini ultra appeals. the big bluetooth model seems silly