Instant Pot warning

my mother still doesn't have a food processor. but that's because she lives in india and has access to cheap household help. she has someone who comes in and preps all the vegetables and someone else who does most of the cooking under her light supervision.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see what the big deal is.  I had a crockpot and I used it a lot.  Now I have an appliance that, in the same footprint, also works as a pressure cooker.  That's all it is.   This isn't some n

Done.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2018/02/23/everyone-take-a-deep-breath-your-instant-pot-pressure-cooker-has-not-been-recalled   Not the model that includes a pressure cooker - ver

An indian friend to their mother preparing for a first trip home

" Oh I need to make sure the baby monitors can run off the mains power"

"A what? Don't bring that. It will be easier for me to hire someone to sit by the bed"

Asked a colleague last week if he was worried Parasite would hit a bit close to home.

Who helps you?

i'm not sure what the point of this is. for me a food processor simplifies some food prep (i only use it to grate/chop large quantities of carrots etc. for pickles and desserts). but the instant pot simplifies nothing. i prefer the pressure cooker i already have.

The point is that that may change - with time and age. Does that work? I'm old, and sometimes I don't want to hang over the stove all fucking day, though I often do, much to the chagrin of my back.  Same with making pesto/aioli in a mortar and pestle - I actually bought at $35 mini-Cuisinart, and it's awesome. Don't get me wrong - I love my mortar and pestle, and actually used it yesterday to make the dressing for a faux puntarelle salad I made.

And just to prove I'm not a millennial heathen...this is going on as we speak...

HpHM16c.jpg?1

On the stove top! And because it's the holiday season, I want to share this great trick I use...

FVxV1ku.jpg?1

None of those old fangled pot holders for me, nor as I learned to use in cooking school, a (dry) side towel. 3 corks, baby.

I think for some toast tonight, however, I may build a fire and toast our bread over the open flames.