• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, someone has to start this thread, and I did go last night, but it took Significant Eater longer than expected to arrive, so I was content with an aperitif and a glass of Pet Nat, and 5 delicious

By the time this thread peters out,I think that Frenchette may have a burger on the menu...

In keeping with a long-standing tradition on MFF, this response is obligatory:   Having been to neither The Grill or Frenchette, I can unequivocally state Frenchette is certainly more "Mad Menesque"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It feels like the wine list prices keep creeping up somewhat aggressively. I was just there in January and felt like I saw more modestly priced selections. Is this the tariff war?

Does anyone have a red recommendation for the duck? Would love to keep it at $70 but can go to $100 before my dining companion starts raising eyebrows. Might go for the steak too, if said companion is amenable 

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/59dbf46ec534a5f2363e3b4b/t/5e567db5d3e11b4136ccd391/1582726582199/Wine+_2_26_20++copy.pdf

It feels like the wine list prices keep creeping up somewhat aggressively. I was just there in January and felt like I saw more modestly priced selections. Is this the tariff war?

Does anyone have a red recommendation for the duck? Would love to keep it at $70 but can go to $100 before my dining companion starts raising eyebrows. Might go for the steak too, if said companion is amenable 

Everything is creeping up. The duck is $10 more than when they opened, I believe. 

For wine, depends what the dining companion orders / if you want funky or not. The duck (or steak) is a pretty straightforward dish that could be a neutral backdrop for a number of off the beaten path wines.

Matassa's stuff can be pretty interesting... I haven't had the Brutal Rouge ($75) but I imagine it's something fun and a bit (or maybe a lot) outside the box. 

Everything is creeping up. The duck is $10 more than when they opened, I believe. 

For wine, depends what the dining companion orders / if you want funky or not. The duck (or steak) is a pretty straightforward dish that could be a neutral backdrop for a number of off the beaten path wines.

Matassa's stuff can be pretty interesting... I haven't had the Brutal Rouge ($75) but I imagine it's something fun and a bit (or maybe a lot) outside the box. 

It's remarkable that the Brutal Rouge is the exact one I'd earmarked. Thanks!

• 8 months later...