Sign in to follow this  
mongo_jones

laksamania, fitzrovia

we had a very nice lunch here today (convenient to the british museum). it's an attractive restaurant, with a bar and smaller dining area upstairs and a massive dining room downstairs. they've only been open about a month, apparently. it's not a hardcore malaysian menu as at rasa sayang or c&r but we liked our singapore laksa and chicken curry with roti canai a lot. the char kuay teow was pretty good too. there's an inaugural 20% off at lunch offer that's still on the go.

we liked the food but they're going to have to do very well to fill the place--i'm guessing rent is not cheap either. in the meantime, i continue to rue the absence of good malaysian in the u.s.

• Like 1

Sambal Shiok is a new laksa place -- nyonya KL style. Very good if you like laksa.

get the special with mixed noodles and an egg; and hot not mild but you probably knew that.

next time. is there a developing laksa craze--mania if you will--in london these days? or did it just escape my notice when we were there longer last year?

No, laksa hasn't really taken off in London.  I'm quite a fan though and Google maps suggests this place is 700 yards from my office.  I will give it a go!