NBA 2018-2019

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoa! Pinch me. The Lakers got LeBron. Will he be GOAT? Or will he be a goat? Who else can they afford?

loved the tweet--from i forget who--that said that the knicks should have rounded off their day by turning enes kanter in to turkish intelligence.

Amazing how the Knicks can curse players who aren't even on the team yet.

I get how Harden et al easily lost their playoffs but I really cant understand how Milwaukee could’ve done the same. I’m not seeing the strength of Toronto and will be even more amazed if they manage to put up any kind of fight against Golden State.

Bias, obviously, but the 538 model has toronto as a 60% favourite and traditions ELO has the series as a toss up. Given that they are probably the best defensive team in basketball (at least through the playoffs) and it turns out that Kawhi may actually be the best player in the world not named LeBron james and not a fair trade for derozen, the raptors at least pushing golden state is reasonable.

Golden State could still go full death mode and round out the thing in four, but this should be the hardest finals they have had in three years.

So now 538 has the Warriors at 63% (how fickle!).  Despite multiple ailments and injuries, the Warriors came back.  Now Kawhi and company have to come to the Arena and see if they can grind out a win there.  Cousins is back.  What if Durant comes back in Oakland?

With a healthy lineup, the Warriors can beat anybody and everybody.  Now with Durant out and issues with Looney, the Warriors are challenged.  Leonard is playing like the new Lebron.  The last game at Oracle should be interesting.

Last night, the normally bustling tiki bar I sometimes go to after work was nice and empty, thanks to no TVs in the bar.  Could hear plenty of shouting from the other bars in the neighborhood as I waited outside for my friends.