Sign in to follow this  
hollywood

Who is the Voice of This Generation?

Aretha was the voice of her generation, and she had a long run. Whitney was the voice of her generation, and her run was cut short. Who is the voice of this generation?

I thought the point was that with the death of monoculture following the rise of the interwebs, there could no longer be a Voice Of A Generation.

Which this generation ?

You talkin bout My Generation ?

And dont say Chambo dont know what up !

And dont put me down just cause I get around.

Not trying to cause a big sensation but ...

This is my generation, baby !

I thought the point was that with the death of monoculture following the rise of the interwebs, there could no longer be a Voice Of A Generation.

monoculture is back and you know it. it's more mono than ever.

the answer is obviously beyonce with rihanna second.

I agree, but if hollywood's premise is right, the simple answer is Beyoncé.

(I'm not sure I agree with his examples.)

Of course I continue to be frustrated by Miley not getting the songs she needs and apparently not much caring.

If you're told someone's favorite artist in Beyonce or rihanna, it gives you the least demographic info of almost any artist.

So I'd argue they can't be the voice of a generation due to excessive blandness, but then maybe that is the voice of the generation.

If you're told someone's favorite artist in Beyonce or rihanna, it gives you the least demographic info of almost any artist.

So I'd argue they can't be the voice of a generation due to excessive blandness, but then maybe that is the voice of the generation.

But is pop music becoming more diverse now? https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/09/opinion/do-songs-of-the-summer-sound-the-same.html