Crush them, roast them (if not already roasted), and use them in cookies, cakes, brownies, oatmeal (cacao nibs are really good in oatmeal). Or if you have a melanger I think you can make your own chocolate. I wonder how good a vitamix would be for that?

You can also just eat them out of hand. They can be good like that too.

I drink Crio Bru, which are ground cacao beans that you brew like coffee.

Never heard of it before, but it sounds really intriguing.  Can you find it in shops, or do you have to buy it online?  And does it have a bitterness profile similar to that of coffee?

Never heard of it before, but it sounds really intriguing.  Can you find it in shops, or do you have to buy it online?  And does it have a bitterness profile similar to that of coffee?

I bought it on Amazon. I find it far less bitter than the coffee I drink, but YMMV :)

I bought it on Amazon. I find it far less bitter than the coffee I drink, but YMMV :)

Yes! I started drinking it--I mix it 50/50 with coffee--because I was having acid issues. This really helps with that. I like it with a splash of unsweetened almond milk and sprinkle of cinnamon, which gives it just the right amount of sweetness. It is very low cal since there is nothing added to the cacao. I just order online--usually Amazon, but you can also order directly from the company. https://criobru.com/

• Like 1

Yes! I started drinking it--I mix it 50/50 with coffee--because I was having acid issues. This really helps with that. I like it with a splash of unsweetened almond milk and sprinkle of cinnamon, which gives it just the right amount of sweetness. It is very low cal since there is nothing added to the cacao. I just order online--usually Amazon, but you can also order directly from the company. https://criobru.com/

I started doing 50/50 also. I bought the Ecuador French Roast, which is nice, but I'll try a different one next time.

In fact, I'll look for some of that Marou cacao when I'm back in Vietnam in a few weeks. All of the cacao growing is in the Mekong Delta in the extreme south, so I'd have to wait for a trip to Saigon to explore any farms, but I can probably get the cacao in Hanoi.

• Like 2