greenspace

Foxface

You should charge Pete for the additional logistics-related costs.

Huge eyeroll at the commenter on your Instagram who "doesn't mind traces [of gluten], just big amounts."

You should charge Pete for the additional logistics-related costs.

Well, we'll have camel again next week and good luck to him getting one... 

Is there any reasonable way for me to get a sandwich for dinner tonight, or should I go to a place that's easier to get into like Frenchette or Rezdora?

That lamb is very good, actually tasted like.....lamb.  

I do think a touch of citrus or vinegar or pickle may enhance that sandwich though, but I could be way off.

It's a struggle, because it becomes heavier and better if I add raw tahini or butter, but that would knock people out for the rest of the day, while a touch of acidity would brighten it up but also break the flavor... maybe the sour orange we use in the pibil style sauces. I'll try.

Will do. 

Later this week baby cuttlefish, wagyu brisket, some other interesting stuff hopefully. Elk striploin tartare on the horizon as a dine-in only option.

I don't know where it ranks on their popularity (doesn't seem to get the buzz as the meatier options) list but the Egg Roll sandwich we shared at Foxface yesterday was a complete :chef's kiss: of an experience.

It's slowly developing a following, and if I ever find the time to perfect the souffle a la minute technique (which I left as a souffle all over the walls some months ago) I think it'll be a real hit. 

This week we'll have some fall truffles (these are T. aestivum, same as burgundy / summer truffle, but by this time of year they actually have nice flavor), and excellent Matsutake.

That should definitely work. 

I just made a couple of test runs of fermented sauces - one from Sarit Gat peppers (sounds like a female Israeli fighter pilot, but apparently from Kosovo), the other from Fatalii. Both of them are borderline biochemical weapons, but delicious ones, available upon request in place of our usual hot sauce in sandwiches, but I don't have enough to sell. I also have a batch of hot hatch DOC fermenting, with a more tolerable heat level.