greenspace

Foxface

I hope we can get more. Inventories on all things European are pretty volatile right now, so we'll see. I also have a piece of lardo from the same source but it comes in packages of about 2 lbs which seem to me like a bit much for retail.

p.s. a couple of years ago I left my father and brother alone with a similarly sized piece of morcilla ibérica from Julián Becerro and they somehow made it vanish in one sitting. They are still alive.

In our up and coming wine list (technically, the William Barnacle's up and coming wine list), there will be a very nice manzanilla ("velo flor") that I think is perfect with all embutidos.

@Wilfrid I wanted to share a dark secret that will change your life, perhaps not for the baetter. Yesterday I was making our modified pakora batter for fried seafood, and I didn't really have anything handy to test it on (precise recipe but the flour reacts differently every time) so I grabbed a tail of one of those morcillas and sliced a piece. Fried until the batter did its thing, the center retains some firmness, but it just oozes magic into itself. 

6 hours ago, Orik said:

@Wilfrid I wanted to share a dark secret that will change your life, perhaps not for the baetter. Yesterday I was making our modified pakora batter for fried seafood, and I didn't really have anything handy to test it on (precise recipe but the flour reacts differently every time) so I grabbed a tail of one of those morcillas and sliced a piece. Fried until the batter did its thing, the center retains some firmness, but it just oozes magic into itself. 

And I thought deep fried mars bars were perverse. 

Sounds great.  I had already planned to experiment cooking with it, probably with beans.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, Wilfrid said:

Sounds great.  I had already planned to experiment cooking with it, probably with beans.

Morcilla bars are the future.

@Wilfrid - I'd avoid cooking it for too long as all that fat will run off into the dish (good) and the remainder will be fairly dry. Just a minute or two in a pan and add to the dish that you've cooked with fresh sausage and such.

We'll have some soon. To put the state of things in perspective - the importer has just one case left.

On 6/18/2020 at 3:46 PM, small h said:

before the bears get me.

Guess who came to dinner?

4578D528-0EC1-455D-9D6A-D5C61B92BE99.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/29/2020 at 2:32 PM, Orik said:

We'll have some soon. To put the state of things in perspective - the importer has just one case left.

@Wilfrid we scored that one last case of morcilla. 

On 7/1/2020 at 8:54 PM, Anthony Bonner said:

Have you considered a North Central Jersey outlet?

If there's a mall out there being given away maybe I can use it as my drying chamber.

It was an extra precious moment when the photographer showed up just 15 minutes before dinner service while the architect was telling @Sivan that the mayor's special office for screwing with people wants us to rotate the toilet in avenue A because wheelchair something something.