• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tomorrow after lunch rush.    Nice infograph about our sandwiches in an Israeli publication.  

Guess who came to dinner?

how much will you be paying wilfrid to not post pictures of your sandwiches on instagram?

Posted Images

Dinner at Foxface last night, a couple of hours under a canopy rather than under the stars (a bit rainy).  Home-cured coppa, Long Island oysters, a hefty lobster with drawn butter and mayonnaise, spiced-cured-smoked duck breast with skin crackling and braised radishes.

A glass of fino, a glass of the charmingly named Come Walk With Me and Wonder a Little, and a glass of red.

Of course it was all good. Remarkably keto-friendly menu too.

We see eye to eye with Trevor. There's really just one bottle that I worry about - it's an Aligoté in a pretty uncomfortable way that we haven't poured yet. The rest are going well. 

In fact, the next thing I did (other than eating it as it comes) was to fry some with my eggs this morning.

Mistake. The fat flows freely in the hot pan, leaving you with dried up little nuggets. Which I ate anyway.

I still think low, slow cooking with this will work.

• 1 month later...

We have country pate from the head of a 300 lb tuna for dinner today. Very good result but I'm particularly proud of the name - Pâté Grande Mer. 

• Like 2

The highlight of last night's dinner was probable the Maine uni, but then there was also the smoked tuna head pate with marmalade, and the marinated toro, and the kangaroo loin served as a schnitzel, and the nocetto di capra. I didn't get very near my daughter's monkfish, but did get to taste an amazing rosemary-blueberry (I think) gelato.

Yes, we got wet walking home.

Thanks for coming! Last night someone who took blueberry + tahini gelato mentioned that with that fried Japanese bread it was like an ice cream pb&j, which we all found funny as with an all immigrant team it never occurred to any of us. 

1 hour ago, Wilfrid said:

That bread was remarkable. I did try a small piece. Melts on your tongue.

My great contribution to the world of gastronomy - deep fried Japanese bread turns out to be irresistible.