• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see the National Felon League (NFL) is at it again. At least Kraft is smart enough to never have played in this ridiculous exhibition.   Isn't it time to do away with this so called "sport" that

But how does this square up with the sport of kings, where - well, you know what happens?

I understand what you're saying, Rich.   And now that the dangers of CTE are pretty well known, don't you think it's up to individuals, and certainly parents of individuals who are too young to make

It was nice to see Kirk Cousins win after all the shit he took in DC and when he first started in MN.  That was a hell of a pass in OT and a great catch.

Poor Saints.  They just can't get on the right side of a pass interference call.

Sadly, I think it's inevitable that this will be a Super Bowl that no one cares about.  Minnesota v. Tennessee anyone?

Read this morning there's was another felony assault in the Philadelphia combat. Just your average concussion attack in the NFelonL.

Another player who will suffer from brain damage before he's 45 - no big deal.  

I listen to sports radio a bit, especially in the car.  And all week, all I heard is how no one would be surprised in Minnesota beat the 49ers.  And how Lamar Jackson is the best player in the league, and the Ravens are the best team in football.

Idiots.

Both those statements are still reasonable. I mean the former ended up being wrong. The niners clearly better, but that doesn't mean there weren't still lots of scenarios where the Vikings could have won.

But let's not all go running around about how bad Lamar Jackson looked. He had one tipped INT and the Ravens turned it over twice on 4th and 1. The Titans had only one drive longer than 35 yards. It was just one of those path dependent NFL games where the Titans hot that 14-0 lead which forced the Ravens to play differently than they want to and exactly how the Titans wanted them too.

I hate narratives like this. It's like Calvinism. The Titans won and so therefore they are absolutely on any day a better team. Football is a high variance game.

Edited by Admin

Jim Kelly is a hall of fame qb. If that's where Lamar ends up I think you'll feel pretty silly about all this.

Yeah, those super bowls of his were outstanding...I like QBs (well, except Brady) with rings.

And you know what? That involves at least winning a playoff game.

You have to win a lot of playoff games to lose four super bowls.

By your logic Trent Dilfer is equal to Peyton Manning and Eli is the better Manning.

The list of guys who led their team to long playoff runs at 23 is really tiny. Peyton Manning made first team all pro three years before he won his first playoff game. Joe Montana was 25 and in his third year in the league.

The list of guys who led their team to long playoff runs at 23 is really tiny. Peyton Manning made first team all pro three years before he won his first playoff game. Joe Montana was 25 and in his third year in the league.

I think this is critical. It's his second year in the league. To assume this means he will never will win playoffs or a superbowl seems bizarre. (And I don't dispute the racism comment.)