Sign in to follow this  
Wilfrid

Orlando

My previous memorable Orlando experience was Disney’s Victoria & Albert’s. Looking for non-Disney this time. Should have at least one dinner opportunity, although one night I am apparently seeing Lady Gaga.

• Like 1

Bern’s hadn’t occurred to me. Thanks.

ETA: wait, it’s 90 minutes away in Tampa.

Only about $80 Uber from Universal Studios... and think of all the money you'll be saving on wine... 

Poor me, Orlando after Miami. Good news is that I can go back to previous recommendations (thanks Evelyn) which we’re fully booked back in the Spring because I was attending probably the biggest global software conference after Dreamforce.

Maybe can get into Pharmacy this time.

• Like 1

Okay, so I will be in the Disney World Swan resort. Are any of the restaurants in the Epcot center actually okay? Any other ideas welcome.

I am open-minded, I went to the Victoria & Albert in Disneyworld years ago, and it was fine if a bit wacky.

Yes, the Moroccan restaurant isn't bad and it's fun - belly dancers are very good. They actually have a Moroccan Red that's acceptable.

Agree with your assessment of V&A.

When in Morocco I had a number of acceptable reds, but rather than belly dancers remember crazy Berber dancers whirling around the restaurant with the tassels on their hats spinning like chopper blades. All while eating raw liver, which I suspect will not be on Walt’s bill of fare.