Sign in to follow this  
mongo_jones

new york airbnb/hotel, mid-august

If you're considering hotels, on the UWS here are bunch of lesser expensive options, I can't comment about the conditions -

Hotel Belnord on W. 87 just off Broadway (right across the street from the apartment building with the same name) - I know people who have stayed here and said the rooms are small.

Hotel Newton on Broadway between 94 and 95th. 

Riverside Tower Hotel (Riverside Drive and 80th)

Finally, there's the Hotel Belleclair on Broadway and 76th. I have friends who used to stay here whenever they came into town and liked it.

When are you planning on coming? Because I occasionally see people mention they have a place available to rent.

thanks. we'll be there from aug 16-26, probably. some of those days might be spent with friends in princeton.

i do currently have a place in mind via an academic site but nothing's finalized yet.

well, we found a (seemingly) very nice place on the upper west side (89th) via one of the academic sites. 24/7 doorman building etc. in a month or two i will start a thread asking for food recommendations near our likely ports of call.

Good location - choice of subway stations and it's easy to walk across the park at 85th street if you choose.