Sign in to follow this  
Wilfrid

GQ Best New Restaurants

I booked the Austin place with the rabbit carnitas.

One thing Martin wanted to emphasize was that you find good restaurants almost everywhere now (surely a change in the last 10 to 15 years).

One thing Martin wanted to emphasize was that you find good restaurants almost everywhere now (surely a change in the last 10 to 15 years).

This has been the big change in American dining, I think. There was an idea around here, 10 years ago or so, that New York restaurants were now bad and that good dining was elsewhere when, outside of a small handful of places (Montreal, I assume New Orleans and some stand-alone destinations), when the reality was that the places outside of the major metropolitan areas were weak. Both due to economics and cultural trends, there are now good restaurants in almost every city and, though, Wilfrid, you would have a better sense than me these days, it does seem based on my limited recent experience that if you are looking outside of big capital expenditure openings, the best new small chef driven restaurants are now outside of NYC.  

the best new small chef driven restaurants are now outside of NYC.  

Just for curiosity, how small or short does a chef need to be in order to qualify?

Once major sports do away with cheerleaders, the outfits can go to non-coastal food writers.

But the current crushing of nyc restaurants is so powerful that it's true nothing can open here except for douchy sushi.

I’m on my way to Ma’am Sir right now.

So, worthy of the title. 

I booked the Austin place with the rabbit carnitas.

Not on the menu tonight. 😑

The Miami place is a joke. I'm almost sorry I didn't go to douchy sushi. Just think that fifteen years ago the city supported Norman's

Yes, but how do you forget cooking short ribs? Cleaning tables?