• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20 or 30 years ago, I'd agree.   I just feel things have changed dramatically here. And yeah, it's all about seasons and what product you're talking about. And the freshness of said product.   Sho

I actually think you need to do way more research (on your own - stop asking us) to find NYC restaurants with fair French and Spanish wine prices. Especially if you feel fair French and Spanish wine p

Crown Shy is very nice. The white beans with nduja (granted there is some version of this on every menu everywhere in the country), carrots with razor clams, tagliatelle with sungolds was excellent,

But what if there's a really good special?  What if you decide you're in the mood for something else when it's time to order?

To me, one big point of restaurants is that it isn't like home, where you have to have what you planned to make.

1 hour ago, Sneakeater said:

But you don't know what you're going to order till you get there . . . .

(OK we've had this debate countless times.)

54 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

But what if there's a really good special?  What if you decide you're in the mood for something else when it's time to order?

To me, one big point of restaurants is that it isn't like home, where you have to have what you planned to make.

That's why you bring 4 bottles just to be sure...2 chilled whites, maybe a lighter red (your fave beaujolais, perhaps?) and a heavier duty red. While you're at it, bring a dessert wine as well!

But you don't know what you're going to order till you get there . . . .

Not so much with Crown Shy but I often know what I am going to order before I get there because there are two meat entrees and I’m not getting the chicken. And I am not betting on specials.