Sign in to follow this  
hollywood

NBA 2019-2020

There's new hope in Lakerland.  They've acquired Anthony Davis and no longer have to deal with nonsense from Lonzo Ball's dad.  But they gave up some good players and draft picks forever.  How's the rehab going, LeBron?

LeBron is no spring chicken. AD is a very good player-I loved watching him decimate the SEC (even if that included Bama). But, if anything happens to LeBron, this might be a very large error on the part of the Lakers management. That's a boatload of future first round picks to give up...

lebron has three great years left (and davis will only make life easier for him; he'll have to bang far less in the post). the lakers are doing what they've done for a while: gambling on the short term with the confidence that they'll be able to pull off another round of big moves if this one doesn't pan out. they still have room under the cap to add another second tier star or--better in my opinion--to spend that money on a bench. hard to see how they're not the top threats in the west now with durant out for a season and klay probably out as well. and if kawhi does leave the raptors (hopefully for my clippers), whoever comes out of the west will eat the bucks alive.

But will they be able to actually win an NBA Championship? As long as they win the division and the West, it's still great money for them. But it's like Bama losing to Clemson :ph43r: --the Faithful are not happy with anything less than a Championship...no matter that the team is raking in the cash 

lebron, ad, kuzma plus 2-3 solid veterans. i don't see milwaukee, toronto (will kawhi still be around?) or philadelphia (will butler still be around?) beating them.

Off-loading Lavar (and his interfering, pita Dad) and getting AD definitely made for a home run. It just seems a lot of things have to go very right for this deal to produce a Championship as quickly as they need to. I know the oddsmakers are saying the Lakers are the favorites for 2020. I just have a hard time believing it will come to fruition. At least it will make the NBA interesting.

lebron has three great years left (and davis will only make life easier for him; he'll have to bang far less in the post). the lakers are doing what they've done for a while: gambling on the short term with the confidence that they'll be able to pull off another round of big moves if this one doesn't pan out. they still have room under the cap to add another second tier star or--better in my opinion--to spend that money on a bench. hard to see how they're not the top threats in the west now with durant out for a season and klay probably out as well. and if kawhi does leave the raptors (hopefully for my clippers), whoever comes out of the west will eat the bucks alive.

Leonard has an injured left quad and an injured right knee (due to overcompensation).  He'll probably sign a 1+1 with the Raptors  and play some reduced minutes and see what happens with the Raptors' aging lineup.

....especially for someone who won't play for another season and a half and then play at a much lower level.

They have the same philosophy as the Knicks and Mets - pay a lot for players past their prime and then moan about their "bad luck" when it doesn't work out.

NOW!!!!

Brooklyn Dodgers - 1957 - Walter O'Malley - nuff said!!!