• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totonno's alone makes Coney worth the trip imo

you need to expand your reading.

It's is an incredibly well done linear park on an elevated elevated rail line which begins in the 30s and ends at 13th where the Whitney is.  It does get crazy crowded at peak times.

Le Coucou [and sometimes Frenchette?] seem to release primetime tables online at the last minute [same day]. That's generally how I get a table at Le Coucou, but I have a certain degree of flexibility since I live in town.

• 2 weeks later...

$20-$25/hour is pretty standard for babysitting in NYC; often an uber ride home - there's no shame in using a shared uber pool to get the siiter home at a fraction of the price; 

I don't think the Barnard Babysitting Service applies for you - they're looking for semester long recurring gigs;

you're on the Upper West Side - Barney Greengrass is probably worth going to for breakfast one day - try to avoid the lines on the weekend for brunch and order the potato pancakes as an appetizer for the kids when you sit;

on the Upper East Side we like to take the kids to Via Quadrono for lunch or an early dinner after a museum trip; Sant Ambroseus works as a more expensive version of this as well;

Amazon Prime Now is great for delivery of whatever staples you'd like to your hotel or residence. 

• 2 weeks later...

You could always sneak your kids under the turnstiles, but really - they're supposed to pay full fare.

7 DAY UNLIMITED is $33.  Otherwise, $2.75 per trip, and $1 for a one-time purchase of the Metrocard, which you'll then fill up with as much money as you want. You'll need a Metrocard for each one of you, to make life easier. Transfers (from a subway to bus, or vice-versa, are free within 90 minutes.

https://new.mta.info/fares-and-tolls/subway-bus-and-staten-island-railway/fares-at-a-glance

You could always sneak your kids under the turnstiles, but really - they're supposed to pay full fare.

7 DAY UNLIMITED is $33.  Otherwise, $2.75 per trip, and $1 for a one-time purchase of the Metrocard, which you'll then fill up with as much money as you want. You'll need a Metrocard for each one of you, to make life easier. Transfers (from a subway to bus, or vice-versa, are free within 90 minutes.

https://new.mta.info/fares-and-tolls/subway-bus-and-staten-island-railway/fares-at-a-glance

<44 inches is free.

my eight year old, who has been over the height limit for years, just goes under the gate. I don’t know when they start to enforce it.

In my station (E. Broadway), you wouldn't believe how many people come in through the exit door as people use it to leave the station. 

It would be nice if everyone paid, but...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/13/nyregion/mta-bus-riders-fare-beaters.html