Sign in to follow this  
Wilfrid

Today I Sang

Why not?

“By the Time I Get to Phoenix,” which has some surprisingly intricate rhythms.

“Love Is a Many Splendor’d Thing.” Love this because I can belt when the second chorus comes around.

Not today, but “Days of Wine and Roses.” Can’t believe I hit such a bum note at or around “closing door,” which shouldn’t be hard.

(First one in my vocal lesson, other two in piano bars.)

Playing in the background at a restaurant tonight: Bad Moon Rising. I quietly sang along and surprised myself by remembering nearly all the words.

In the shower this morning I sang my famous medley of “Joanne” and “Some of Shelley’s Blues”.

It’s probably not worth exploring why I reflexively sing Mike Nesmith once I have my clothes off.

Bad Moon Rising is very memorable, one of the first pop songs I kind of adopted as my own, against the background of having to listen to my parents’ music.

That and anything by T.Rex.

@mongo nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

I am doing a wash at the Bellayre Plaza in Pine Hill, so I’m writing new lyrics to Sister Christian.

Laundering! What’s your price for Tide?

How long ‘til clothes get dried?

Let’s hang this stuff outside.

I don’t sing T.Rex, they were just the first time I had my own music. Electric Warrior was the first (pop) album I bought. I had no elder siblings, so no introduction to contemporary music. Surrounded by my dad’s tastes as a kid from the sublime (Sinatra) to the slightly dull (British big band music).

Sang “Les Feuilles Mortes” today. Can nail this if I just remember how long the phrase “sans faire de bruit” needs to be held. Always get ahead of the music there.

I knew it first as “Autumn Leaves,” but the French words have even Johnny Mercer beat. “Les pas des amants desunis...” You don’t have to speak French to hear the poetry.