Sign in to follow this  
Wilfrid

Today I Sang

The English translations of all the songs from back then suck. Have you ever seen a literal translation of the lyric of “Girl from Ipanema”? The comparison is embarrassing.

Playing in the background at a restaurant tonight: Bad Moon Rising. I quietly sang along and surprised myself by remembering nearly all the words.

“There's a bathroom on the right”?

Nothing specific to mention, but have recently been startled in the middle of the night to realize that i am mentally recalling and singing lyrics to decades old songs I didn't know that I knew.    Always, in my sleep or near sleep.   

Now, as sneak might ponder, if I could as easily remember what I did with various ingredients of today's life...

Nothing specific to mention, but have recently been startled in the middle of the night to realize that i am mentally recalling and singing lyrics to decades old songs I didn't know that I knew.    Always, in my sleep or near sleep.   

Now, as sneak might ponder, if I could as easily remember what I did with various ingredients of today's life...

:gold:

Or the Jacques Brel song translated as “If You Go Away”?

"My Way" is a horrible lyric, but it's obviously not meant to be a translation.

For what is a man, what has he got

If not himself, then he has naught

What's worse, the last word universally heard as "not."

I have been singing,  "Karas come back!   You can blame it all on me, I was wrong and I just can't live without you ".... I miss her  :(

"You and Me" - one of the great lyric tunes - up there with "...who will buy this beautiful morning..."

My mind is a very strange jukebox, where songs are continuously and randomly playing so I'm always getting earworms.  And like my dad, one word can bring up a plethora of songs.  Also, I'm always making up parody lyrics (too bad those halcyon Mad Magazine parody days are over), particularly about the cats.  Fortunately, N tends to crack up at them rather than smack me or roll her eyes.

As for actual singing, I'm currently working on the Prologue to Boito's opera "Mefistofile".  Fun stuff.