Sign in to follow this  
joethefoodie

Why Do We Travel?

And you felt that one as a magnitude 2. It gets fun when it's Mag 5 and you wake up thinking you're in a boat.

I do like boating ... but prefer to do it in a boat

Building swayed back and forth for 5 to 10 seconds ... which doesn't sound like much ... but is

So I was curious if other buildings around me were all still standing ... and they were 

And I was also curious if my cement, external stairway that lets me exit the apartment was still standing ... and it was ... no cracks that I could see

And then I started to reflect upon that plastic manila folder case that was in the apartment that I stored at the very back of my large closet and placed those fake books on top of it ... I decided to open up that plastic case ... and I found the following ...

6FfLmXR.jpg

And when a guy like Chambo is trapped inside as Super Typhoons rage outside, without even one bottle of Burg left to relieve the burden ... and friends from afar are taunting with impossible invitations to taste 2004s from the motherland ... well, if you are anything like me, you just find it all slightly annoying ... 

eCMpurH.jpg

Ieq486X.jpg

omDaMMc.jpg

Ns8BI6z.jpg

Orik, I'm annoyed ... and exhausted ... I'm hitting the hay ... I'll catch you tomorrow ...

So where am I going on sunny Sunday ... I gotta get out of the house ... I've been cooped up here too long ...

Always knew planes don't "really" fly. It's the mere idea of flying that transfers our essence to where we want to go.

As humans have increased the use of their brains from 2% in 1926 to 11% today, more of our essence absorbs the time/space continuum. It's just an extension of Einstein's theories.

If we continue to increase our brain usage we will be able to travel throughout the universe without leaving our home - our essence will travel and return. It's simple to grasp once the theory of essence is totally understood.

Once we reach the level of 75% usage, it's fully expected time travel will become commonplace. Our essence will be able to move about time as easily and we walk around the block.

Enjoy the trip, the relevance of time and place will never inhibit us - only our misgivings about essence can stall our appreciation of what the mind can accomplish and achieve.

It seems like it's now "Engineering American". Wing lift is of course well understood in the sense that we know the equations and we know how to solve them (numerically at least).

Next month "quantum mechanics, which one of the many equivalent interpretations is the right one?"

I’m still struggling with how to answer “if maps are flat, how can the earth be round”?

We’re so screwed.

What is consciousness? Why time?

(I got a thousand of these. We are good at manipulating our environment, but we don’t know much.)

What is consciousness? Why time?

(I got a thousand of these. We are good at manipulating our environment, but we don’t know much.)

It's the essence man, the essence!!!

Read Cooper's theoretical treatise on mind absorption and how it relates to the human condition and its current constraints..   

In fact Jack Finney's enormously popular pseudo-novel, Time and Again, was based on the unholy three-way relationship between essence, human condition and mind time restraints.  

Sometimes, during periods of “moderate” turbulence, I just want to know how the wings stay attached. 

Duct tape.

Tonight we received an email from a French friend, a woman we stayed with and who invited us to share a day with her parents at their country place.      Her father recalled his memories of the Americans liberating their Normandy village.    His stories were terrifying and vivid.    He transferred to us all of his gratitude, just because we were Americans.   

In his '80s, he climbed a ladder in his barn to pull down a banneton  (he was a boullanger) for me which lives in my dining room.

He passed away two days ago in his late 90s.    His daughter thought to write us because we somehow made a connection not only with her but with her parents.   

So...why we travel.