Motörhead

Nine Inch Nails

The Notorious B.I.G.

Rufus featuring Chaka Khan

Todd Rundgren

Soundgarden

T.Rex

Thin Lizzy

I suppose it's okay to nominate dead people, but two dead artists and four bands where the lead singer and other members are dead, makes the list of 16 a bit of a depressing read.

I mean, who is going to show up on behalf of T.Rex or Motorhead or Thin Lizzy?

I suppose it's okay to nominate dead people, but two dead artists and four bands where the lead singer and other members are dead, makes the list of 16 a bit of a depressing read.

I mean, who is going to show up on behalf of T.Rex or Motorhead or Thin Lizzy?

Holograms?  Tribute bands?

For the MC5, I guess if you have Brother Wayne Kramer, you have a show.

T. Rex's drummer is still alive.  He's the only one left.

There are surviving lesser known members of the other bands.

Speaking of bands that deserve recognition, The Replacements just came out with a 4 CD set that has an earlier stripped down version of "Don't Tell a Soul," various outakes, demos, live concert material and half a dozen drunk takes with Tom Waits.  https://variety.com/2019/music/reviews/replacements-dead-mans-pop-box-set-review-1203353262/#article-comments

If ever there were a band that belongs in a hall, it's this group.

So the Basildon boys are in, amusing for me. I know Basildon, and from there to “Personal Jesus” is a remarkable and I guess laudable leap.

Other than that, would it not be in the Hall’s interest to induct people when they’re alive (I don’t know the process)? Whitney, Biggie, T.Rex. I hope they fly Bill Legend out for it.

I guess some pick up band will crank out T.Rex hits, but for all Marc Bolan’s flaws about the only person who could recreate his peak stage performance would be Prince.

Oh wait, he’s not available.

I guess some pick up band will crank out T.Rex hits, but for all Marc Bolan’s flaws about the only person who could recreate his peak stage performance would be Prince.

You saw them/him live?!

No, that was before my (gig going) time, but I did see film of the live performances, which were insane. He could whip a crowd into hysteria. Prince's stage moves always reminded me of Bolan.

ETA: Although I admit, now I refresh my memory he's closer to Brother Wayne Kramer :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgyHtNfpGZ8

• Like 1

I did.  They were at the Fillmore East for several days running and I remember driving in from Stony Brook (we never booked them there) for the concert.  

eta: I looked it up -- 1971.

eta #2:  so... Mountain was the opening act & I saw them many times.  But, the middle act was "Mylon".  Who the hell was that?  Anyone know?  I have no memory of that -- especially not seeing them/him/her? perform.

eta #3: oy veh.  He was (is?) a Christian religious singer.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mylon_LeFevre_discography.  Bills of 3 groups led to some very eclectic concerts in those days (I saw Ted Nugent & the Amboy Dukes opening for Blood, Sweat & Tears in the middle, then The Chambers Bros. as headliners at the Fillmore East once).

He was this evangelical Christian who at that time sang vaguely Leon Russellish rock.

My wikipedia finger is pretty damn quick.  Beat you to the post.

My Leon Russell tickets in Clearwater Florida 2 winters ago got me nowhere when he upped and died a couple of months beforehand.