Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Watchmen (HBO)

Terrific.  So far, it's as good as the first season of Legion.

(I haven't read the graphic novel.)

Regina King is terrific as always.  Tim Blake Nelson and Jeremy Irons really steal the show.  

Huh. I watched the first episode and was not inspired to continue - I simply didn't care what happened next. Then again, I also bailed on Legion after a season and a half (despite being a big fan of Jean Smart, since way back when she was on Designing Women), so this stuff might just be not to my taste.

Started watching this week and do like it so far (3 shows in). Never read the story so it is all new.

Great idea to cast Don Johnson as the police chief.

I'm like the least Woke bobblehead on Twitter, but even I think this adaptation is Revisionism Done Right. In part because it overtly changes or contradicts very little in the original graphic novel. 

It's probably the best sequel on Prestige TV I've seen since Twin Peaks the Return. It may be the best TV period I've seen since TPtR.

Watched the 1st episode but never got back to it.  Today, channel surfing to waste some time, I happened to tune in to the last 15 minutes or so of Episode 4 & became interested again.  Especially when she gets home, sees her husband reading a book, asks what book and he says "Things Fall Apart".  I just got Ginny to read it & she's on the 2nd book of Achebe's trilogy right now.  Its a sign.  :blink:

This is good programming for this weekend.  Completely distinct from the 2009 film based on the same material.  9 episodes that are intense.

Watched the first 3 episodes on my laptop at hbo.com before I discovered that Hulu was also carrying it for free. Now to finish rest before it disappears after Sunday.