Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

The Irishman

Wow,so confusing. Deniro looks about 70 in the flashback scenes and about 90 in present day. The keep calling him a kid, he has young kids and the median age of the actors is about 55 in the movie. I don’t know why he was compelled to use these older actors.

Not in this movie.

I was wondering why they would be promoting this movie so hard with such a stellar cast. I was a little skeptical as the cast alone should be enough to create a buzz. But this is just shit

Very shit.

Has that feel of the old Star Trek movies where they had to drag an episode over two hours.

Critics need their fingers.

Pope of Greenwich Village?

@hollywood - Have you seen The Irishman yet?  (I haven't, so not rendering any judgement).

So I watched the whole thing. It was ok. I think you need to start off knowing that Robert Deniro’s character is supposed to be 25 years old. It’s so confusing because there are flashbacks and I guess the only time you can tell deniro is supposed to be young is people call him kid. But yeh, it’s at least interesting to see the history and see some historical violence but, Scorsese needs to make new friends and find some new actors.

I’ll probably watch it again now that the initial shock is over and maybe I can follow better. Music is great.

Scorsese needs to make new friends and find some new actors.

Hey - Action Bronson is in it!

And not that anyone gives a fuck, but Anna Paquin and Bobby Cannavale are two damn good actors (imo).

Other than Pacino the acting is good. The CGI is wierd. It's an hour longer than it should be, and it's the most dour mob movie ever made.

What's CGI?

And I definitely prefer happy mob movies. You know, like Mean Streets and Goodfellas.