Except Llama San (of all places).

we went to llama san the night of and made the reservation moments before.. It was funny to see the shock on the hostesses face who couldn't wait to make us wait, until she turned around to see an empty room and our reservation on the list.. But yeh, even places like llama san have been empty from my experience.. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair It's not visible except to someone who's inclined to guess which unlinked URLs are likely to exist. 

Nice coverage. (For heaven's sake - Tocino de Cielo - bacon from heaven, not del Cielo - of the heaven, to continue our theme...)

Noisy.   Wine bar "area" may now be open.

Posted Images

Nice coverage. (For heaven's sake - Tocino de Cielo - bacon from heaven, not del Cielo - of the heaven, to continue our theme...)

You'd think that they could spell Pierre's name correctly or perhaps associate him with Table in addition to Clown Bar (since he had been the somm at CB like 2 years ago), but hey, why make it accurate?  At least they explain basics of basque cuisine to folks who have no idea.  Those pequillos rellenos are really really delicious, btw.

Except Llama San (of all places).

The further I get from my meal there (and the more praise I see that place get), the more unhappy I get about it.

HAHA, welcome to my entire life. 

Because I am an idiot, I decided to make my first visit to Ernesto's at 6:30 on a Friday, a scant 48ish hours after every website on earth wrote about the place. I did not have high hopes, and indeed, I and the hostess spent some time cross-apologizing to one another. I was very sorry that I expected to be seated on this particular day, especially since I was well aware of the raft of publicity, and also since I live nearby and can walk over any old time. She was very sorry that they were so crowded and thus unable to accommodate me, a neighborhood denizen! a potential regular! This exchange went on for so long that another employee swung by to let me know that a bar stool had magically freed up, so I took it.

EMoTvMV.jpg

I had a drink, a txokolo spritz, and the shrimp toast, which was excellent and surprisingly substantial. So substantial that I elected to have a second drink, a five finger martini, and no more food, and then get the hell out of Dodge. To be honest, the crowd was making me a little anxious. One couple was practically leaning on my back. I think they may have been ordering takeout. Or possibly just trying to compress me so as to have more room for themselves. I took this picture so as to have an excuse to make them move away from me. It worked, temporarily.

WnVkinY.jpg

The staff is very efficient and very nice (fake nice, but I'll take it).

@joethefoodie There are now a few btg wines at or below $15.

@Daniel The hostess told me they de-activated reservations for last night in anticipation of the rush.

There is an area of bar seats that is right adjacent to those 2-tops, and which I'll never sit in again, as the aisle between the 2-tops and the bar seats gets very congested.  But of course, if it's crowded and people are standing around the bar trying to get drinks, etc. etc., it's gonna be annoying to eat at said bar.

My seating options were very limited (to one! count it, one! barstool), and I knew what I was getting myself into. I don't take up much room, so I'm usually not unhappy with the amount of space I'm allotted. Usually. The older I get, the lower my tolerance for the mosh pit.