9 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

I’m going next week, you’ll all be excited to know. 

(I’m a pretty big fan of Victoria Blamey’s.)

Ooh, that sounds fun.  We had, over the years, one or two (who remembers) good meals at the OG.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair It's not visible except to someone who's inclined to guess which unlinked URLs are likely to exist. 

Nice coverage. (For heaven's sake - Tocino de Cielo - bacon from heaven, not del Cielo - of the heaven, to continue our theme...)

Noisy.   Wine bar "area" may now be open.

Posted Images

Noted on their website...

A note about gratuities: gratuities are neither required or expected. We did away with tipping to ensure that our entire team is compensated more equitably. Instead, a 20% administrative fee will be added to your bill.

So what's the deal - is everyone just getting away with ignoring the law?

On 6/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, Orik said:

Nope. Actually I reread the law and even if it's called an administrative fee it's illegal. 

image.thumb.png.0a1f1713a48ad849225043823bf9fa5a.png

Interesting. The practice of automatically adding a 20% gratuity for parties of (say) 6 or more is widespread, but I guess those gratuities are not technically mandatory.

9 minutes ago, Wilfrid said:

Interesting. The practice of automatically adding a 20% gratuity for parties of (say) 6 or more is widespread, but I guess those gratuities are not technically mandatory.

Large groups, entree splitting and other special situations are allowed if agreed to in advance, but these 20% surcharge places are looking for a $10k hit. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...