Sign in to follow this  
Wilfrid

Duck a l’orange in New York

I tracked down a version of this at Perrine a few weeks back. I just saw it on the menu at Temple Court when I visited the bar.

I see it offered at L’Antagoniste and Restaurant Row warhorse Le Rivage. I am sure I’ve seen it somewhere else recently too.

Can anyone add to the list?

The Duck a’ l’Orange at L’Antagoniste is a follow-up to the version of that dish at Le Philosophe. But it’s so much better.

It could be an interesting topic for discussion why L’Antagoniste in Bed-Stuy is so much better than Le Philosophe in the Village (or NoHo if that’s what you think). But I think we all know.

We had goose a l'orange at the shop a couple of weeks back. It was nice but I feel like I'm going to wait until I can get wild duck before I make it again.

Cafe D’Alsace has a “Duck Duo à l’Orange” on the dinner menu.

Edited to add:  Rotisserie Georgette serves a whole Canard à l’Orange for two.  Surprised I forgot since we’ve had it.

Edited again to add:  Majorelle has Magret de Caneton à l’Orange on the dinner menu.  Again, how could I not remember it immediately since I’ve had it I think more than once?!

It could be an interesting topic for discussion why L’Antagoniste in Bed-Stuy is so much better than Le Philosophe in the Village (or NoHo if that’s what you think). But I think we all know.

Because models, for all their admitted charms, are not generally known for being gourmands?

I do regret not having been able to make my way to L'Antagoniste yet. I dunno when next I'll go so deep into the outer boroughs.

It’s all the rage.

I did eat the Chez Josephine offering, which was fine. Not life changing.

I believe in English it's called Donald Duck.  But in all seriousness, i've actually never had the dish.. It was always used as a fancy thing when I was growing up.. You guy to a diner, do they have duck a la orange.. But, yeh, i don't think i have ever seen a photo of it before. 

I believe in English it's called Donald Duck.  But in all seriousness, i've actually never had the dish.. It was always used as a fancy thing when I was growing up.. You guy to a diner, do they have duck a la orange.. But, yeh, i don't think i have ever seen a photo of it before. 

This is what it really looks like (scroll through slide to see the full show)

http://www.gillespudlowski.com/161352/restaurants/paris-8e-roth-sauve-lasserre/attachment/l1000170-2

• Like 1