Sign in to follow this  
Stone

Little Women

I never read the book.  (Shocking, I know.)

I really enjoyed the movie.  Although it's odd to see a period piece where many of the actors have modern American accents.  (Bob Odenkirk's lazy drawl?)

Saorise Ronan has her usual energy and effervescent joy.  I grew to enjoy Chalamet.

I did find the whole production a bit too clean and pretty, but that might have been part of Gerwig's new presentation.

Fine. But as I noted, I found it jarring that anyone was speaking with an American accent.  Made it all sound so uncultured.

Attention grabbing review by Anthony Lane, tentatively suggesting this might be the best American movie made by a woman director.

Every one of the sisters was played by a non-Yank, right? I know Emma Stone was originally supposed to play Jo.

Emma Watson's been playing Americans since at least her late Harry Potter years.

That did strike me as curious. Not that white American actors are being oppressed by having roles given to non-Americans.

I regard Emma Watson as basically French.