mongo_jones

off to india

a difficult time to be going on holiday but we're still looking forward to seeing family and friends.

we leave today. delhi for two weeks, then goa and calcutta. taking the non-stop toronto-delhi flight on air canada tonight. i hear air canada's food is awful.

take lots of photos and share with us, safe trip.... As a rule of thumb, i always order the special meals on airplanes.. they usually suck, slightly less.. My best luck has been with the hindu meals. 

yeh, i don't suggest taking ambien in public.. edibles on the other hand....

15 hours in steerage - the only thing I'd eat is Ambien

that's 13 hours and 55 minutes to you, you plutocrat.

take lots of photos and share with us, safe trip.... As a rule of thumb, i always order the special meals on airplanes.. they usually suck, slightly less.. My best luck has been with the hindu meals. 

yeah, i ordered the "muslim meal". this probably means i won't be allowed into india.

“For the seeker who would live in fear of God and who would see Him face to face, restraint in airline food both as to quantity and quality is as essential as restraint in thought and speech.

— Gandhi, seat 32F

yeah, i ordered the "muslim meal". this probably means i won't be allowed into india.
There are also some good instant noodle bowls you can take on a plane and they are always happy to give you hot water. On the way back I will often grab one from the air China lounge and that and some pistachios Will be enough to get me home.ive always been tempted to get the Jane meal. Also if they forget your meal, they will give you at least 200 Dollars in airline credits

Yeh, I like to drink tea on airplanes to china, until recently and then I started getting grossed out for some reason..  I barely ever  drink coffee unless it has whiskey in it and I stopped doing that too on airplanes due to dehydration and almost instant hangovers.  But, they don't really serve tap water anywhere.. Unless the tap water is through ice and no ice for me.  

Based on seeing the galley deliveries as I get on the planes, the ice is delivered to the planes in bags. But then it sits in a bin in the cart so it's not a guarantee that it is safe to consume.

i was told that air canada food was terrible. this was a lie. it is worse.

the muslim meal was a terrible idea: i was given flavourless yellow rice along with a few stringy pieces of boiled chicken with tomato sauce out of a jar. all sitting on mix veg out of a tin. before landing there was a spongy thing that i ate most of before realizing it was "egg".  the missus reports that her indian meal was not very good either but at least it smelled better.

• Like 1