mongo_jones

off to india

Although I fly a lot (domestically), I usually avoid eating on the plane unless it's a bag of nuts.  Not only is the food generally poor, it also didn't fit my diet over the last six months. I have been known to sadly munch my way through some kind of protein pack (salami, cheese, olives) before boarding.

Tip: you can drink liquor free 40-50% of the time, because the crew can't be bothered to fuss with their card readers. The percentage is higher if you ask for refills after drink service is done.

i did have an unexpectedly nice grenache-syrah blend after dinner (still free in cattle class on intl flights).

Yes, I think beer and wine were complimentary on American Airlines to Europe. 

i did have an unexpectedly nice grenache-syrah blend after dinner (still free in cattle class on intl flights).

I don't drink on planes but, i was sitting in coach next to this guy.. He was like, I would like a semi dry red, what would you suggest..  The stewardess was like, "honey, we have red or white and I haven't tried either because we are not allow to drink"   I thought that was really funny.. The guy then asked for a glass of both and drank them both.. Haha.