hollywood

Georges Duboeuf

Maker of my favorite juicewine! Like the Beaujolais Nouveau in November, Georges Duboeuf est arrivé ... in the afterlife.

His were some of our trusted orders early on.    Always a good quaff at a decent price.     Not a bad teacher.    RIP indeed.

I could have papered a wall with those flower labels.

Would have been lovely.

RIP - I'm pretty sure the bullshit about the tariffs didn't make him happy towards the end.

Isn't BN day (and BN overall) one of those things that people under 30 or so don't even know about? I figure the marketing machine stopped even trying to push it in the early 00s.

He long outlived his cultural relevance, sure.

But someone had to show that Beaujolais could be good before better wine producers could show it could be fucking great.

• Like 1

On the mud bottom under this second-outermost finger pier are, to this day, many of his empty bottles from my teen years, originally given to my parents for holidays.

There's not much else but consumables to give someone who lives on a boat. And there's not much to do with the evidence except sink it.

I'm so glad I was born too late for Lancers.

pitrCVC.jpg

• Like 1

That's my point.  I started drinking Deboeuf Beaujolais in high school precisely as a step up from Lancer's.  The difference between them being that the Deboeuf was objectively good wine, if not nearly up to what we later learned Beaujolais could be.