Sign in to follow this  
mongo_jones

demi (minneapolis)

right before leaving for india the missus and i snagged two seats at demi, gavin kaysen's third twin cities restaurant: a 20 seater counter/tasting menu in the style of the times. it's a hard reservation to get and not a cheap ticket. it was a very impressive meal but on the whole it impressed more than it thrilled. my very image-heavy review here.

demi-delicata-squash.jpg

it's good. but it's also the kind of place that may as well have been optimized to make a certain kind of minnesotan diner/food writer feel very flattered about the local scene. you know the kind of people who seriously think michelin should be in minnesota.

Alter, Miami? How many cities now have something like this?

Like, good, which is (by definition) no bad thing at all, but not an outstanding entry in its class.

Alter, Miami? How many cities now have something like this?

Like, good, which is (by definition) no bad thing at all, but not an outstanding entry in its class.

All of them. And they all serve a glass of mid end Vajra with the meat course or the pasta.

I was also thinking of Forage, but it took me forever to find the place’s damn name because I thought it was in Austin. Then I remembered the chef was Mormon. Salt Lake City.

But as Adrian says, there’s probably an example everywhere.

Well there used to be Goodfellows and then La Belle Vie 2.0 that were second tier city versions of Daniel so why not a similar vesion of Per Se (oy)