Not looking good for JazzFest this year. SXSW already canceled with an announcement coming later today that Coachella will be postponed until October. More to come I'm sure.

Will probably still go to New Orleans for a long weekend as we expect many musical shows to still take place. Devastating to the economies of these cities.

• Like 1
  • Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

(Without wanting to get too political [BULLSHIT], it is emblematic of the disgusting, repugnant, sociopathic, and affirmatively evil anti-communitarian hyper-individualist Ayn Rand-loving [and hell, w

Posted Images

Not looking good for JazzFest this year. SXSW already canceled with an announcement coming later today that Coachella will be postponed until October. More to come I'm sure.

Will probably still go to New Orleans for a long weekend as we expect many musical shows to still take place. Devastating to the economies of these cities.

You can always come out to the golf tournament   :P 

Corona virus related...the players (for the most part) are thrilled not to “have to” sign autographs. Especially some of the disingenuous ones who make a big show of signing while the cameras/media are around  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Sitting around the hotel in Nashville, waiting for the powers that be in the SEC to make a decision whether to play the tournament with only the players and “essential personnel” in the arena. The cynic in me says they will wait to ban fans until after the first two rounds are played. We did that in Atlanta in 2008 when the Georgia Dome was hit by a tornado during the tournament.

And once on Tour after brutal storms made the “outside the ropes” part of the course at Congressional (AT&T National) too dangerous for spectators. Was great to watch Tiger with zero spectators.

Apparently Israel will announce later today that it has a vaccine ready for testing.

eta: or at least over the next couple of days.

I've been checking daily about the Specialty Coffee Expo.  Still on as of right now, because it doesn't start until late April, but if we do in fact institute a travel ban to/from Europe I'm almost sure it will be postponed.

So, they did decide to ban fans. Guessing the sports bars will make out quite well. I know our fans had a 3 night hotel minimum. So I’m sure the other schools did the same. Heard lots of people saying since they paid for the rooms, they might as well stay. When I went down to get some coffee this morning, the hotel bar was already open and doing a brisk business (at 8 am :P ). I’d love to know by the end of the weekend how many “drunk and disorderly conduct” arrests are made....

Anyone want to venture a guess as to which option (events having spectators vs ex-spectators congregating in bars, etc) creates more chance of contagion?

• Like 1