Just after I received a blistering text from son after slipping that we went out for a non-essential purchase, Bay Area authorities issued a "shelter in place" until April for all of the bA counties.    Within 15 minutes of this announcement, car and foot traffic increased exponentially in front of our house.  Hundreds+ people trying to accomplish tasks and wants before this and maybe more stringent crackdowns.

at sea witch for my last hurrah. the owl farm was closed, freddies was full of pipe smoke.

First day of classes via Zoom for the kid. They were so cute screaming hello to each other. Email came towards the end of day that the earliest they'll re-open is 4/20 - Stephanie, I might need you to visit a dispensary for me and send me a little something. This is where my stash of single malt will come in handy.

Fed talking heads say tonight that it is up to millennials to stop the expansion of corona.    Probably just more fake news.

Couple of guys w wholesale ops out there looking to liquidate some excess inventory. Pino's for example.

We see everything from complete shutdown (mostly the fish people), through deep deep discounts to the few who are standing strong because maybe they're delusional or have really good insurance. 

Just to follow up - my annual Kentucky Derby Day Party has been postponed as well.

Wonder what the Preakness and Belmont will decide?

use water to clean your butts, people.

who knows, if you use these creatively you might even solve some of your other "problems".

Bidet all day. It's given our apartment the luxury of taking an Antoinette "Let them eat cake" attitude to our toilet paper supply

So what’s interesting about those pictures of reduced emissions due to corona is, it’s probably a preview of what will need to happen for us to hit climate targets. Will require a radical rethink of how economies are managed.

• Like 1

Jackson Heights Virus has a much nicer ring to it.

Florida is still open for business (other than some venues in Miami).  Hundreds crowding onto beaches for spring break.  My sister in Fort Lauderdale said that the area is full of people, including her and my b-i-l's boss, who think it's no big deal and don't know why parents need to take family leave.

We know two people--a neighbor and the head of our local South Africans group--who run food businesses and will be devastated.  The latter is worrying that his house and car will be repossessed.  We're trying to order food from them.  A drop in the bucket, I know, but it's all the support we can financially give them.