Same question: kids in school vs. in their neighborhood, schoolyards, malls, etc.

Same question: kids in school vs. in their neighborhood, schoolyards, malls, etc.

School is the worst, especially at ages when kids are likely to attend different classes with different groups.

Games are less risky than bars but in reality the large majority are likely to cancel their trips as the number of cases grows (or the govt will cancel on their behalf)

my college just joined several others in extending spring break (starting next wednesday) by a week. we will then have at least the first four weeks of the spring quarter taught remotely. it's going to be an interesting couple of weeks figuring out how to best adapt my classes for online delivery. especially the one where the central texts are films that are not widely available.

how are people feeling about going out to eat?

I like the idea of social distancing, but then I get on the subway.

Our son is adamant about avoiding public transport.    Easy for the super rich and super poor.

Seems like this week should be safe, maybe next week too depending on infection rates.

I wonder how this will play out in the ultra orthodox community. Maybe the measles outbreak changed the attitude there but I'm not sure.

it's going to be an interesting couple of weeks figuring out how to best adapt my classes for online delivery. especially the one where the central texts are films that are not widely available.

I'm using Google Meet, which has a presentation mode that allows you to share a window from your laptop with the rest of the meeting (as I assume Zoom and everything else also does). So if you can play a film on your home computer, your class can watch it too. Definitely not an ideal solution, and I'm trying to come up with better ones, but for now it will have to do. 

Seems like this week should be safe, maybe next week too depending on infection rates.

I wonder how this will play out in the ultra orthodox community. Maybe the measles outbreak changed the attitude there but I'm not sure.

The bar at Frenchette was about 1/2 full when I arrived yesterday at 6:00pm. I told the the hostess about my dining companion having bailed and she mentioned that they'd had about 15 cancellations already today. Posted up at the bar for solo dinner and by the time I was leaving (close to 9) the bar was MAYBE 1/2 full still. Dining room was probably 2/3 full. And my notifications are BLOWING UP about availability at 4 Charles Prime Rib. Of course, it's still 5:00pm openings.

i am trying to convince mrs. jones to cancel her theater plans for sunday afternoon. a small space, seniors over-represented usually.

Not to worry. I heard today that "the US is doing a great job and everything will be great." Not an opinion, just what I heard.

Seriously, my wife who is a physician, gave the most accurate statement on this issue last night. Anyone who gives an opinion on what's going to happen is guessing. This is unknown territory and each day brings new truths and new fallacies.

Simply put - just be careful out there, keep your hands clean, etc. etc.- anything else is conjecture.

• Like 1

And we’re done. No SEC Tournament And, from what we’re hearing there’s a good chance the whole NCAA Tournament will likely be cancelled. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. We got notice as our bus was heading to the arena .

My other sports gig in golf...The Players Championship is under way...with spectators. They decided around midnight to leave things as they are today...then go spectatorless beginning tomorrow and for all tournaments through Valero-which is the middle of April. That will make my life so much easier. Presuming they don’t decide to cancel some events. Be interesting to see where things go from here.

my kids public school cancelled in person parent teacher conferences but not school, which is good because I can’t stop picking the teacher’s nose.