• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

Now all you Cuisinart Combi oven owners, aren't you happy...

However, they wrote, "70 C / 158 F heating in a kitchen-type of oven for 30 min, or hot water vapor from boiling water for 10 min, are additional effective decontamination methods."

Reusing masks...

https://www.livescience.com/sanitizing-medical-masks-for-reuse-coronavirus.html

Not just deliveries, I saw advice to disinfect anything you purchase in person. Not sure how that works with produce.

A whole lot of someones handled everything you purchase.   We are still muddling over handling newspapers.    Mail, I just let moulder in a pile for a few days.

Not just deliveries, I saw advice to disinfect anything you purchase in person. Not sure how that works with produce.

I pretty much washed my whole Fresh Direct produce delivery. The cans, bottles, jars - they got washed as well. A few things I just left in the front hallway to sit there for a few days.

8ewnj5t.jpg

Purchases were kept at the door or moved into the kitchen on a mat on the floor. They everything got washed in running soapy water, rinsed and put next to the sink, which had been cleaned .  The meats/poultry are all in vacuum packs - purchased that way so those packs can be washed as well.  The whole head of green cabbage, the celery; removed and threw away the outer and washed the insides. The green leafy vegetables (some escarole and a few heads of broccoli) actually got rinsed and blanched. All plastic and outer wrapping in to the garbage and discarded. Took about an hour.

Maybe I'm nuts?

• Like 2

Looks right to me.    The first time was stressful, the second a routine.  And I'm convinced that Clorox will become an acquired taste.

With the incidences of eColi et al. in the past, I was generally washing most everything anyway - for years.

Well, not the cans and jars!

• Like 1

If it makes anyone feel better, we just watched a virologist on tv who did the largest field study of corona infected people in Germany - all caught it directly person to person via close interaction. Nothing from groceries.

I'm probably being foolhardy, but I'm not washing a damn thing except my hands.  Neither is N.  And I'm reusing my N95 mask, which I got from my town during the 2018 Camp fire.

same. except we wipe down door handles after coming into the house whether with takeout or just from getting the mail.