To each her own, or his, folks.  May we all fucking survive this insanity. Healthily...and then maybe happily.

• Like 1

I think happily is too high a benchmark for us. Grumpily works for me 😅

See, I have had revealed to me how abnormally solitary I am.  Not only am I happy -- I don't notice a big difference!

So Russia (if one believes their numbers) has only 1852 CD19 people and they have done little to contain. What are they doing right that the rest of the world isn't?

So Russia (if one believes their numbers) has only 1852 CD19 people and they have done little to contain. What are they doing right that the rest of the world isn't?

Lying?

• Like 2

Apparently, China didn't include asymptomatic people in their reported numbers of positive tests.  So, I guess the good thing is that means their mortality rate is actually much lower.

Yes, if you look at Germany/Korea where they tested a lot, the rate is around 1.5% or so.

Scary anecdote, a colleague of mine from the Ukraine says there are no reported cases where her parents live, but the hospitals are currently overwhelmed with pneumonia patients.

Apparently, China didn't include asymptomatic people in their reported numbers of positive tests.  So, I guess the good thing is that means their mortality rate is actually much lower.

Here's a study about stealth transmission -

Israel has sealed off Bnei Brak, a largely ultra-orthodox town of around 200,000, due to infection rates thought to be around 40% 

My daughter just commented (with an element of irony), “This is so not lit.”

And I am old and odd enough to be immediately reminded of the very relevant Blitz song by Hubert Gregg: “I’m Going to Get Lit Up When the Lights Come on in London.”

Israel has sealed off Bnei Brak, a largely ultra-orthodox town of around 200,000, due to infection rates thought to be around 40% 

Don't think that I'm not a little terrified of having ordered schmura matzoh from Borough Park.

Don't think that I'm not a little terrified of having ordered schmura matzoh from Borough Park.

Chances are your shmurah was made months ago.