• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

Apparently, China didn't include asymptomatic people in their reported numbers of positive tests.  So, I guess the good thing is that means their mortality rate is actually much lower.

We're pretty much not reporting those either. Because we aren't testing them.

Bleak pandemic humor.     Abiding by shelter-in-home, we've switched completely to online shopping for groceries.   For two days, I've been playing "whack a mole" among markets trying to locate enough of the items on my list to compose an order.    And while I'm considering an item, it disappears from the screen and "out of stock" pops up.    Finally this morning I chose an off-beat market and was able to find 90% of my list, even scoring 10 pounds of King Arthur bread flour.    Then a warning pops up, "Low in stock.   Can we substitute Gold Medal unbleached if necessary?"   Consider this a bourgeois tragedy as no one else within 30 miles had ANY wheat flour.    Who knew there were so many survivalists or bread bakers in the area?

Unessential businesses are  shut down, this we understand.   But it is chilling that streets are becoming walls of plywood as shops cover windows foreseeing a long shutdown.  

Talking heads comment on how staying in is causing  adjustment in our thinking of what is necessary, valuable, worth our resources, once this is over, when this is over.    How our behavior in sequester may change our future wants.   

Speaking just of our topic, if this leads people to cook at home more and eat out less (not gonna happen here in NYC), can anyone argue that's a BAD thing?

I understand that it would be bad for an industry and cost some people jobs.  But so would nuclear disarmament.

The shut down started here on March 18, and the numbers are already looking better. While schools will probably stay closed longer there is a discussion around which places can (slowly) be allowed to open again. Stay strong.

• Like 1

Here there is discussion of testing for antibodies: if you have them (serum test), you qualify for mobility. If not, well.. We've been in (admittedly in our personal case, idyllic pastoral) isolation for six weeks now. We're probably antibody-free. So, what will that mean for us? No idea, but I'm a hermit anyway.

Italy's on the front line. These decisions are coming for every other country.

Israel has sealed off Bnei Brak, a largely ultra-orthodox town of around 200,000, due to infection rates thought to be around 40% 

Don't think that I'm not a little terrified of having ordered schmura matzoh from Borough Park.

Chances are your shmurah was made months ago.

So the order got cancelled (by the vendor).

But "happily" I was able to get some schmurah matzoh from the same neighborhood at Union Market.

my favorite neighbor died today... she was in her 80's, she was so sweet.  She loved Jax.. She has this male companion that picked her up every day for church.. I can only hope he is ok.