Unessential businesses are  shut down, this we understand.   But it is chilling that streets are becoming walls of plywood as shops cover windows foreseeing a long shutdown.  

Talking heads comment on how staying in is causing  adjustment in our thinking of what is necessary, valuable, worth our resources, once this is over, when this is over.    How our behavior in sequester may change our future wants.   

We'll all be adicted to Animal Crossing?

Do you know anybody who has been tested?  I don't.  Through a friend I know one person who claims to have self-diagnosed and recovered.  Other than that I know no one touched by corona.  I'm not unhappy that I and friends haven't got it, but it's I weird I don't know anyone touched by it.

eta: a friend's uncle in Manchester, England died from the virus.  He was 85.

Do you know anybody who has been tested?  I don't.  Through a friend I know one person who claims to have self-diagnosed and recovered.  Other than that I know no one touched by corona.  I'm not unhappy that I and friends haven't got it, but it's I weird I don't know anyone touched by it.

eta: a friend's uncle in Manchester, England died from the virus.  He was 85.

i know people who have it and have died from it. 2 of the people who had it and died from it weren't tested until it was too late anyway. one who died on saturday was not tested and told by the doctor that it was nothing and sent home to rest and they were dead 5 days later. i know people who were closely exposed (same household) to people who died from it and they do not meet the testing criteria. i think you have to be a celebrity or dead to get tested

Do you know anybody who has been tested?

Several. One has died.

My parents had it and have all but recovered, seemingly. They were able to get tested, though it took over a week for them to get the results. My friend's father had it and died five days after his first symptoms.

I strongly suspect that my neighbor who died on the 15th at home may have had it. But although he was in his forties he had AIDS, heart problems, was diabetic so who knows? And good luck getting a straight answer from building management.

yeah. Our complex started out with this radical transparency approach to all of this. And slowly but surely I see lots of ambulances rolling in, and no emails about different buildings having cases.  

My cousin is in the hospital in Kansas with a positive test, his wife and kids have also tested positive. I have a friend in London (caught it skiing in the Alps), a friend in Florida (caught it in Aspen), and two friends in NYC with positive tests. Then another 4-5 friends in NYC who have/had all of the symptoms but haven't been able to get tested.

I feel like every day I'm hearing of someone else I have a connection to having it. And we're getting multiple emails from our synagogues and schools about deaths. One day it was so bad that we received an email that listed four notices.

yeah. Our complex started out with this radical transparency approach to all of this. And slowly but surely I see lots of ambulances rolling in, and no emails about different buildings having cases.  

our building was very transparent at first so that we even which floors had positive people, but recently there was a sudden change of policy and they will no longer disclose affected floors or the number of affected residents. we had one fellow who tested positive but decided not to self isolate because he was in the middle of a business deal in his office which is also in the building. one of his employees died from the virus and his next door neighbors got sick and tested positive. coincidence?

I know someone who got tested because they work for amtrak. an old friend from dc, who is 6’7 300lbs, has been in the hospital for weeks.

I wonder if splinky’s neighbor will be looking at a murder charge or a wrongful death lawsuit.

I know a few people who had it, but have thankfully recovered.