I don't personally know anyone who's had it in a serious way, although thinking about it there are a few people in Spain I should check on. 

I don't know anyone who has had it or who has been tested, but my province has so far been relatively unscathed. I say relatively as since the first case was diagnosed, "only" 204 people have tested positive with 13 people hospitalized, and of those 13, seven are currently in intensive care and two have passed away. Also important, 17 people are considered recovered.

Our first case was announced on March 12, and by March 17, my department was asked to work from home, and by the following week, the staff in every area of my workplace was told to work from home.

I feel very fortunate to live in a place where the leaders took the pandemic very seriously and learned from the mistakes and successes of countries and cities that were affected earlier. But that doesn't mean I don't feel worried or stressed about the situation. My job is not at risk, but the stakeholders in my line of work are very much affected. I feel helpless, but I am also aware that my feelings and experiences right now are minor compared to those affected directly.

An aside, for the first two or three weeks, only people who had recently returned from traveling abroad and were exhibiting symptoms, or those in close contact with them, were allowed to be tested. Contrast that with the experience of my friend's sister and her family in Minneapolis. After returning from Egypt, the sister's husband started exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, but he was refused testing. Now the entire household is sick (four adults including two seniors who had not travelled, and one toddler) but they still can't get tested. Apparently there weren't enough tests in Minnesota for anyone but the most serious cases (and probably members of professional sports teams and politicians). How is that possible? (Sort of rhetorical question)

So far unaware of family or friends testing positive or being tested at all, but can change any moment.

One friend got through life-threatening pneumonia not long ago, and she skedaddled to a remote haven in the middle of nowhere, and is doing fine. Smart girl.

Some of my daughters friends have been through it, actually: nothing severe.

A guy in the class above me in high school, a reporter for the AP, died a couple of days ago.  It's a small school, so you know everyone in the classes around you.

Within the span of an hour we learned that Harley's cousin died and my Aunt (aged 100, my mother's sole surviving sibling) is in the hospital with Covid-19. Fortunately, I kept a bottle of Cotswold Dry Gin out until the last minute with Passover prep so Gin and Soda with a lemon twist was thrown together. I wasn't planning on getting a bottle of shlivovitz for the holiday, but I might need to get my hands on something stronger than wine.

• Like 1

Shlivovitz. The universal solvent.

The cousin is insupportable, but be happy your aunt had a good run.

This all isn’t going to get any easier.

I’m so sorry.

Spouse said it was really odd attending a zoom funeral. Although he said that in ordinary times he would have never even been able to make it since it was down in Florida.