This afternoon, we got an automated phone call from our provider confirming our appointment AND that the address had changed for a second time, back to the original Med Center location.    This on a Saturday afternoon with Monday a holiday...very nervous making.   Appointment is midday Tuesday AM, so we will try to call first thing to verify where TF it is.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As of Sunday, fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Yesterday, a had a sore, arm, headache and low fever.  Today, I'm fine.

I wonder if they'll go back to claiming they're gluten intolerant after this. 

Posted Images

Parking would have been easier in "the Bronx".

Actually, SF neighborhoods don't compare with NYC.    While the warehouse site was out of city center, it is minutes from the Med Center, a couple of blocks from our grandkids' pre-school, the off-ramp to their Noe Valley neighborhood and husband's favorite Lowe's.    Sf is very small..

Of course, the greatest thing about Hunters Point is that it was the home of the 49ers during their great decade and a half of winning. (Yeah, the Giants too). I had some good times in that parking lot. Though it could be friggin' cold.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:24 AM, Anthony Bonner said:

That's one shot or two?

Seven days after shot two the vaccine hits 92% in real life, it just takes 2 days longer to have an impact after the first shot (again, possibly a function of age). 

On the other hand the South African variant is confirmed to reinfect and cause severe illness in multiple patients (although for now they're all patients who had trouble recovering from the first round), also it is now believed to be 2x as infectious as the original. Might need to update that herd immunity chart again if that's true.

On 2/14/2021 at 10:00 AM, Orik said:

Seven days after shot two the vaccine hits 92% in real life, it just takes 2 days longer to have an impact after the first shot (again, possibly a function of age). 

Now up to 94%. The study lead says they expect to say 99% in two weeks as the vaccine cohort basically has no symptomatic cases. While infections are also sharply reduced (data not published yet), they did find clusters of infected fully vaccinated people meaning some can still spread the virus.

So they fucked me yesterday and I'll be going back this morning. Ran out of doses allegedly - or they said they would have to open a new vial for my shot, and the rest would go bad, so could I come back today? Me, being the pleasant individual I am, agreed. The few people I don't argue with nor give a hard time to are the ones trying to help us all; I figure they have enough aggravation, why add to it?

This is after the call on Saturday reminding me to show up on Monday, enter at 41st Ave and Baxter (wrong), going to the front entrance and waiting to check in (wrong), going to room A-122 (wrong), etc. etc. Oh - also I filled out the same exact forms i filled out the first time.

Let's just say the distribution of shots into arms has not yet been perfected.

Here is a picture of the lovely model of Elmhurst Hospital, proudly displayed in the entrance to the lobby...

63511347923__E88D7C59-1573-4F49-9035-DFB8A91D2223.thumb.JPG.9bd6aaf46deacb50553529add301a16f.JPG

Might give a clue as to why there is some confusion. It's like the worst LEGO set one can imagine.

Spouse was able to schedule an appointment for next week at Aqueduct Racetrack. Looks like he'll be getting vaccinated before my 84 year old mother in law (because my brother in law is a lazy shit and can't be bothered)